From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Do you have to use Olaplex No 3 while using the shampoo and conditioner?

Do you have to use the Olaplex No 3 while using the No 4 shampoo and No 5 Conditioner? I shaved my head awhile back because of very damaged bleached hair and now it isn't colored at all but still feels dry. My hair is still short since it takes forever to grow. But since it's all natural now and short, would the No 3 work or should I wait until my hair grows out more? 

I just ordered the No 4 shampoo and No 5 conditioner and hoping that helps with the dryness and brittleness. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Re: Do you have to use Olaplex No 3 while using the shampoo and conditioner?

@ProudArmyWife07 you don't need to use the no.3 with the no.4 & 5.  I actually do the opposite I use only the bond protector without using the shampoo and conditioner. I'm sure the 3 would work for you but it isn't necessary - personally I would until its a bit longer before investing in 3 

Hi @ProudArmyWife07!

Olaplex 3 does help, but isn't necessary with every wash, depending on your hair.  If your hair is feeling dry, I would continue using Olaplex 3 regularly.  I personally didn't see any results after using Olaplex 4 and 5.

I have thick, porous black hair that I've been bleaching and toning silver for over a year so it's super damaged.  One of other the BIC members, who's a hair stylist recommended I use products with proteins in them.  She suggested Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner and Redken Anti Snap Treatment.  The protiens in the Redken products helps strengthen hair and prevents future split ends/ breakage.  I love them!

I also use Moroccanoil Mini Moroccanoil Treatment Light 0.85 oz/ 25 mL at night and Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL in the morning to give my hair some shine.

I currently only wash my hair 2 times a week (quarantine life).  My routine is using Olaplex 3, Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner, followed by Redken Anti Snap Treatment.

Thanks! If this doesn't help I will definitely try those!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing