Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Damaged hair

I have a chunk of broken hair that I think is damaged because it literally refuses to grow. Is there any thing I can do to try to repair it or get it to grow? 

Tags:

hair is made.up of 70% moisture and 30% protein. so treat...

hair is made.up of 70% moisture and 30% protein. so treatments of protein and moisture will be good. but be carful of protein BC to much protein will also make us break. and do as little to your hair as possible so ur not damaging it anymore. (hair stylist of 11 yrs)

Re: Damaged hair

Hi!

I'm not particularly fond of hair oils either which is why I don't use them as much as I use hair masks! There are a lot of great hair masks, but the one I reach for is an overnight one by Bumble and Bumble that brings my hair back to life! If you don't want an overnight one, you can always reach for the hydrating hair mask by VERB.

We love that you love Verb! Xo

Thank you. I’ll look into that. 

Anonymous Insider

For damaged hair, and hair grow I would suggest that you apply coconut oil to your hair, as an Indian girl every weekend my mom forced me to apply some and now that I stopped I can see a significant change int he growth and thickness of my hair, so every weekend, it might be smelly and not really appealing but it'll help you applying coconut oil. Natural is better than any product.

Thank you. I will try to use the oil. I hate greasy hair so that’s why I only use it rarely. 

RE: Damaged hair

Since hair grows from the root and breaks at the tips, I would say the ends and shaft of that area are badly damaged. I would get a really good cut, reduce use of hot tools, and for products I would suggest the Alterna Anti-aging hair care which is brilliant at moisturizing and nourishing hair so that it can grow strong and healthy. Their CC cream is perfect for helping to make the hair soft, manageable and adds a boost of hydration to make it less prone to breakage. Hope this helps, good luck girl!

Re: RE: Damaged hair

Thank you. I will look at that product you mentioned. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing