Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Damaged hair, oily scalp

Hello, my hair is really damaged and I’ve been using  JVN oil pre-wash and the Olaplex set n. 0 3 4 5 8 for a month now but I noticed that my scalp gets oily after two days of being washed. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. If someone knows please advise me.

Thanks!.

Re: Damaged hair, oily scalp

Hi! This is a common issue with these products. For breakage I don’t recommend olaplex, as the product only gets to some of the hair bonds and not all. K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL id my holy grail. This product gets through the whole cuticle and hits all the bonds. It’s pricy but worth the money. Use a ordinary shampoo, or k18 line with the mask! Also to control the oil, shampoo your hair twice. Hope this helps! 

Hi I also used Olaplex for a while, and it bad hair oily and thin. I stopped using it, and it’s starting to get better! Best of luck 🙂

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Hello, so sorry to hear about your experience using olaplex. Like you, i have used those products & experienced major breakage & loss. It was the only new product I used this year. I stopped using it & reached out to the company. Turns out, many women have experienced these same symptoms after using the products. please research.

A lot of things can factor such as diet, weather or even hormones. I don’t if you hair is fine or curly.. but olaplex is not good to use frequently. I would utilize dry shampoo and a good clarifying shampoo such as OUAI Detox Shampoo 

Ouai Detox was just recommended to me on my last visit at Sephora and I absolutely love it. Full disclosure, I've been using regular ol' Panteen for years and years (my hair is almost down to my bum). I *have to* wash my hair every other day because it's so oily on day 2... I'm starting to train my hair to not have to wash it so often and why this was recommended to me. I'm noticing a big difference already with only a few washes. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing