cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Damaged hair from bleach

B8AC1411-FCDF-4A19-9730-5D5A6A049DD3.jpeg

Hi!! I dyed my hair from black to red almost two years ago now. I recently dyed my hair back to black and purple ends (the color has faded away now) but my hair is obviously so dry and damaged from the bleach and constantly dyeing it. Any recommendations would be so amazing! My hair is so stiff and dry from the damage and only looks nice when it’s styled and blow dried. However, when I’m wearing my natural hair it gets matted within 3 days…. Please help 

picture is my hair about three months ago and you can see how dry it is and also this is my hair blow dried 

Re: Damaged hair from bleach

@karla657 

Stylist here. You’re not going to like this. When your hair is stiff like you are describing, and kind of moves in one fluid piece - you need a very healthy cut. 
Alcohols are not bad for the hair, there are different types that serve different purposes. There are long and short chain alcohols, since this isn’t a science class, I’ll leave it at that. 

I would pick up Redken Extreme Bleach Recovery Lamellar Water, If it’s in the budget K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Redken All soft Heavy Cream 

Re: Damaged hair from bleach

@karla657 hi! I totally feel you - i bleached my very dark hair blonde years ago, and i still feel like im seeing some of the effects. i actually ended up dying my hair back to my original color to help mask some of the damage and dryness!

what was helpful for me was switching up some of my products, including introducing regular hair masks into my routine. i know alot of people rave about Olaplex 3, but i didnt personally find it helped my hair. there are tons of positive reviews, so it may be worth a try (just because it didnt not work for me doesnt mean it wont work for you!)

here are some of my HG products and tips for saving my damaged hair!

it sounds like a lot, but i honestly cant even recognize my hair versus last year, it was in such rough shape. all game changers, and there are more affordable options as well in basically every category!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • B8AC1411-FCDF-4A19-9730-5D5A6A049DD3.jpeg
testing