Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Damaged Bleached hair and protein treatments

So I recently got my hair done and the hairdresser left the bleach on too long (she actually did someone's haircut and left me sitting under the dryer with the bleach on for God knows how long!), what saddens me is that I had just spent two months doing all kinds of conditioning treatments to get my hair ready for bleach and this lady just FRIED my hair in a matter of minutes! I have been reading a lot on youtube about ApHogee's Two Step Protein Treatment and was wondering if anyone actually has used and had success with it. I also just purchased Olaplex 0 and 3 and not sure if I can use both products at the same time. Any thoughts or advise anyone? Your comments and advise would be HIGHLY appreciated since I am devastated because I had finally gotten to hair super long and now the ends are SO broken and my hard work went out of the window since by the looks of it I'm going to have the cut at least 3 - 4 inches!

Re: Damaged Bleached hair and protein treatments

@MaryLOVESkin 

Get your hands on K18. 🤯Mind blowing results. 

@GG84 REALLYYY!! Been wondering about that one! Will DO! 🙂

Hi there! And thank you so much for taking the time to answer!  So, I've been using Olaplex and it does indeed help! I have found though that if you use the #0 with the #3 I get much better results. Just purchased the mask #8 I hope that works for moisture as well!  🙂 

Hey Marie! I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago. My hairstylist was good, but I passed from being a dark brunette to a medium-light blonde, so my hair suffered in the process. I am using the Olaplex repair kit (Olaplex 0 and 3) for almost five months, and it really helps my hair! First, you have to apply Olaplex 0 on dry hair, gently saturating from root to tip until your hair is just damped (no crazy wet). Let it sit for 10 minutes and not rinse it. After that, you can apply Olaplex 3, gently comb your hair, and leave it on for 10-15 minutes more. After that, rinse your hair and use shampoo and conditioner. In my experience, as I said before, Olaplex has worked for me, but consistency is the key. Also, I recommend the mask from Briogeo Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL # or a natural mask made mixing honey and coconut oil; leave it for 45 minutes (it will help with hydration). I hope this helps 😊!

*For reference: My hair is wavy (more on the curly side, like a hair type 3A which is a soft curl), but in the past I used keratine. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing