Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

DIY: turban headband, no sew, beautifulness!

upload_4915571095680785170.jpg

upload_6869281410082206716.jpg

upload_385458485100020180.jpg

upload_2682881410819248863.jpghey dolls!

happy Saturday, soo I myself love to tinker around with some DIY when Im bored, so I went looking for an activity I can do easily without a sewing machine,where I don't need a million materials and I found this great idea on here http://helloflourishing.blogspot.com/2013/04/diy-no-sew-turban.html and decided to try it out! (all pictures besides my face Smiley Happy are credited to this website) now when I tried to do this the exact way that she did it I found that no matter how hard I tried it would not fit comfortably around my head, and I thought my head was oversized lol JK! so anyway back to it!upload_7360719616783646992.jpg First take a old shirt, try to find one where the material is stretchy so it makes it easier to stretch.

Next cut the shirt at the bottom at seven inches until you have a nice thick band, then you can just use the rest of the shirt as a crop top or whatever you please!

then twist once, twist twice then your done!

*HOLD UP* actually were not, In the pictures were the blogger did this I don't know whether she had a EXTREMLY flexible material or what but mine would not be stretched to fit around my head so I stretched it myself by putting one loop on my foot and pulling with my hands, you will hear some of the fabric "breaking" but trust me its not! its just stretching. For this I made three turband's out of an old copper key shirt, a ralph lauren shirt, and an too small for me old navy shirt. what a great way to upcycle!

Re: DIY: turban headband, no sew, beautifulness!

Cute! But if you have dry hair I wouldn't recommend doing it. Most t-shirts, depending on the material, absorb moisture faster (And better) then towels!

Smiley Very Happy

adorable!!!luv luv luv it!

Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing. Very good way to recycle an old tee for new use  Smiley Happy

Adorable and clever. Repurpose, reuse, and recycle. No sew, BONUS!

LOL! yay, im glad your going to try it Smiley Happy if the fabric seems too small or too tight to fight on your head just pretend its one of those exercise rope thingies and stretch it out with one end looped on your foot and the other pulling it towards you I know it sounds weird but it works Smiley Tongue, you should hear some "cracking or "breaking" but its not snapping the fabric trust me its just making it more stretched out, good luck and have fun! <3

Very cute! I'm actually going to take a few minutes out of my lazy, boring Sunday and make this. <3 I have a bunch of shirts that don't fit me anymore...hopefully they will fit my head (?sounds weird..lol)

here is the finished product!picture219.jpg

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos6
  • upload_7360719616783646992.jpg
  • upload_2682881410819248863.jpg
  • upload_385458485100020180.jpg
  • upload_6869281410082206716.jpg
  • upload_4915571095680785170.jpg