Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Curly hair new to me

Hi, 

I need some help.  Lost my hair due to medication.  My new hair is growing in curly and very frizzy.  My old hair is now starting to curl and frizz at the ends.  I need to wear my hair straight because my extensions are and I don't have enough real hair yet to do anything with it.  What products can I use to straighten and reduce frizz? I'm already using argan oil and it's not working. The smoothing creme I have hasn't either.  Curls are new to me as I had straight hair before.  I'm living in NC as well.

Thanks!

Re: Curly hair new to me

Hey, 

I also went through an event in my life where medication made me lose my hair then it came back straight. I naturally have curly hair, I ended up shaving it off again before it go too long and my curls came back. Curly hair is finicky, depending on your skin type it can be known to be dry. Moister will be your friend, along with the right comb, and don't comb it when it's dry! It was a big thing for me when I noticed sulfate-free hair products helped how my curls locked together so much better. I have been using shea moisture but still looking to find better products myself.  detox and a mask are good to do once and a while. Good luck! 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing