Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Curly and Straight hair

Hi,

I have curly hair and sometimes I get my hair straighten.  What are good products to keep my hair frizz free, shiny and soft when I have it straight? What are the best products to keep my curls frizz free and healthy?

Thanks....

Re: Curly and Straight hair

@Wonderunicorns I can't answer about keeping curls frizz-free per se, but I can offer some insight into keeping curly hair that has been straightened frizz-free.

To begin with, use a moisturizing shampoo.  Many girls prefer sulfate-free ones.  That didn't work for me, so I use John Frienda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil.

A good conditioner is also essential.  Right now I'm in love with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm.  Other good ones are Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in a tub) and Phytojoba.  I also used DevaCurl for a long time and enjoyed it.

For styling treatment, I really believe in the power of silicones.  My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.  A non-silicone serum that is good is Phytodefrisant.  I actually use both.

I think it is also imperative to use a flat iron spray.  They will hold your style and prevent frizz.  My holy grail is Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.  Love it!

I also use hair oils.  My fave way to use them is on dry hair.  I use Matrix Oil Wonders.  But I also own/like Alterna Kendi Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil.  You can also use the oils as a treatment, in with yoru conditioner, or as a styling product.

Before I leave the house, I also use Living Proof Humidity Shield and it works a lot more than I anticipated.  

For overall hair care, I rec dry shampoo (I like Klorane nonaerosol and Alterna) so that you can keep your style longer.  Water and heat damage hair.  Hair masks are also good.  My two favorites were discontinued, so I don't have any recs in that area.

Good luck!

Re: Curly and Straight hair

Thank you 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing