Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Color Safe + Itchy Scalp products?

HELP! I have vibrant purple hair and a horribly itchy scalp. I have tried so many dandruff/dry scalp products but none have worked well for me and most are not color safe! I am currently using the Living Proof Revive scalp treatment but i am still having issues. What products have you tried that keep color vibrant and get rid of your dry scalp?

Re: Color Safe + Itchy Scalp products?

Hi @nicolelena, sorry to hear that, scalp issues can be a literal pain. Your hair color is so pretty though, I love the purple!

I've been bleaching my hair for several months now, and just recently went pink, and also tend toward a dry, itchy scalp. The best shampoo I've found is the Olaplex shampoo! It's super gentle and hydrating for my dry scalp/hair, and definitely color-safe. I'm also liking that it's super concentrated, so I only have to use a small amount. I hope this helps!

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Re: Color Safe + Itchy Scalp products?

Would help most if you could figure out what's causing your scalp issues...which is unfortunately complicated. My biggest problem is with salt, which includes my own sweat, but I know there are lots of potential causes and irritants. Some cleansing conditioners are nice because they're like a moisturizing cleansing milk for your scalp and they should be gentle on your colour. I've never found any supposed scalp treatments to clear anything up but some gave temporary relief from the itching.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing