Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Clarifying shampoo for colour treated hair

Silicones in hair products make my hair feel soft, but in my research require Soldium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate to remove. But products with it in such as Bumble and bumble Sunday Clarifying Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 ml

says it is not for colour-treated hair as it strips the colour. What is a girl to do/use. 

I have some silicone products (hair masks, different sprays) and want to be able to remove the products from my hair. Help and advice, please.

Re: Clarifying shampoo for colour treated hair

@l8totheparty 

Thatโ€™s not entirely accurate. There are so many different grades of silicone and itโ€™s the grade of silicone that matters. 

Higher end products that use one type of silicone, like Olaplex No.6, No.7 are water soluble, you as the consumer are not privy to this information. You  google silicones and everything is mushed together into one. It is so important to see your hairstylist when looking for this information, they are trained professionals and can guide you in the right direction. 

I love clarifying shampoos too! I tend to use them just on my scalp and hair line so that my hair does not get overly dry.

โค๏ธ Melissa

@l8totheparty Wanted to say "thank you" for starting this thread.  It gave me the courage to try a clarifying shampoo (I had been afraid that it'd be too harsh).  I used Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo and was SO impressed.  IDK if it's safe for color-treated hair, though.  I just need to figure out now how often I should use it.  ๐Ÿ™‚

@l8totheparty I like

LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day Triple Detox Shampoo

@faeriegirl i love this brand

@faeriegirl i love this brand

@l8totheparty 

Matrix Cleanreset is the clarifying shampoo I use, and it claims to be safe for color treated hair. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Screenshot_20190609-180326.png

Screenshot_20190609-180414.png

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screenshot_20190609-180326.png
  • Screenshot_20190609-180414.png
testing