Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Change in Hair Texture (only half my hair)

Hello!  I recently lost about half my hair after a hysterectomy.  It is all growing back in now, but it's growing in curly.  I used to have wavy hair in high school, but too much heat styling combined with hormone changes from pregnancy made my hair mostly straight.  I'm struggling with how to style my new curly hair, because you can clearly see where the hair pattern changes.  The top 3-4 inches are curly and the bottom half barely has any wave to it at all.  When I style after washing, it all blends pretty well, but halfway through the day, it just looks weird.  Any suggestions?  Should I wait to style it curly until it grows out a little more?  Or just embrace the suck that it is now until it evens out?

Re: Change in Hair Texture (only half my hair)

@lbdelaney 

Change in texture and hair loss are both quite common in surgery where you are given anesthesia. 
The bottom “older” hair will not change in texture to match the “newer” hair. Depending on your hair length, you can wait until you are comfortable cutting the older hair or either manipulate the new hair straight or the old hair to be curly via styling tools. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing