Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Can people with fine hair use a regular curling iron? Does it have to be ceramic?

Tags:

I agree - adjustable temperature is important.  I have fi...

I agree - adjustable temperature is important.  I have fine hair and I keep the heat much lower compared to my mom and sister who have thicker hair.

Another great iron is the GHD professional. It does curls...

Another great iron is the GHD professional. It does curls, waves, and straightens. All in one tool.

Re: Another great iron is the GHD professional. It does curls...

I love my GHD Pro Styler! I have thick/wavy hair but my fine-haired friends all agree that this all-in-one hair tool is the best!

I have fine hair too and I love to curl my hair (though i...

I have fine hair too and I love to curl my hair (though it is challenging, as my hair doesn't like to hold a curl). I agree that an adjustable temperature is good, just to make sure you don't accidentally do more harm than good. Prepping the hair with a thermal protecting product is also a must. Your curler doesn't have to be ceramic,  though one ceramic or one with tourmaline/negative ion technology is less damaging than old school metal. My favorite is the new Sultra Bombshell, because there is no clamp - I feel like us fine haired girls always get the dreaded tell-tale clamp mark!

Hope this helps!

Check out the Sultra Seductress Iron – it can be used to...

Check out the Sultra Seductress Iron – it can be used to create curls & waves, as well as straighten, and it has different heat settings based on your hair type (fine, normal, thick).

I think so, but just make sure to use one w/ adjustable t...

I think so, but just make sure to use one w/ adjustable temperature settings and set it to the lowest temp.  What kind of curler do you currently have?  Have you checked out the Sultra wand?

Re: I think so, but just make sure to use one w/ adjustable t...

I just bought a Sultra wand (The Bombshell) and absolutely LOVE it. It's worth the price!!!
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing