Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Can anyone with similar hair help me?

I have goldfish brownish hair but thatโ€™s not the problem. I have very greasy hair, plus I have dandruff (which is sorta confusing in my opinion donโ€™t know why.) Basically my question is if any one has a dry or oily scalp please give me product recommendations.

~thx โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค๐ŸคŽ

Re: Can anyone with similar hair help me?

Hi! Thatโ€™s actually common, your scalp must be dry (dandruff) and overcompensating by producing more oil/sebum (greasy). You need to focus on learning to balance your hair washing schedule & scalp health 

• I just discovered Pro Youth Hair and Scalp Mask by coco and eve (not sold at Sephora ๐Ÿ˜ž and itโ€™s been a real lifesaver!!! 
  • You can also try JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  (I know itโ€™s scary using an oil on greasy hair, but try it. Double shampoo well!)
  • Finding Some sort of hydrating scalp product is keyyy
  • Double cleanse your hair if itโ€™s extra dirty/full of product
  • Massage shampoo in well in circular motions, with pads of your finger tips 
  • Avoid showering with hot water (drying) 
  • Hair Wash frequency: do what works for you. Experiment. I used to try and stretch to 4 days but I find that every 2-3 days works for me. I donโ€™t like to wait until itโ€™s super dirty, or wash too early too often 

Best of luck! ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿฝ

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing