cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Briogeo Mango/Cherry

Anyone tried it?? What do you think?

Im asking because im thinking to get it, but here's the situation.

I really like the Banana shampoo and conditionner, it feels really good on the scalp and leaves my hair soft.

Having said that, it doesnt extend the time for me to wash my hair, so i have to use alot of dry shampoo, and so the Banana shampoo IS good, but its not that great to clean like 3 days of dry shampoo buildup. (I havent found a good clarifying shampoo yet im still looking). 

I couldnt use the Apple/kale one because it was too drying.

I have some bleached hair, and damage ends but also oily scalp and so thats why im curious about it, but hoping it wouldnt be drying like the Apple/kale one.

Im looking for reviews online and there isnt really many because this is new, so if you have thoughts on it, feel free to share.

Thank you 😀

Re: Briogeo Mango/Cherry

I use the mango cherry Briogeo shampoo and conditioner and I really like it! It can be a little stripping but the conditioner is hydrating for my hair. I use the FEKKAI apple cider vinegar detox shampoo as a clarifying shampoo. 

@Emy10  So far I am really liking the Mango Cherry, it’s not drying to me at all.  I haven’t noticed it extending how long I can go between washes though. For a clarifying shampoo, have you tried Christophe Robin Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt 8.33 oz/ 246 mL 

@faeriegirl yes i tried the Christophe Robin scrub, used it a few times (once a week, and passed a week to make sure it wouldnt be too harsh for my scalp), and a month later i found the scrub a bit too harsh because i got itchy and wasnt really before. 

Thing is, i have dry shampoo buildup, a sensitive and somewhat oily scalp at the same time. 

Anyway no worries, ill get the Mango/cherry and let you guys know how it feels later 🙂

@Emy10 I have both the shampoo and conditioner and I like them both (although I like the conditioner slightly more than the shampoo).  The Briogeo Apple set didn't work for me either and although I love the Banana conditioner the matching shampoo wasn't quite what my hair needed; I honestly have trouble finding many Briogeo products that DO work well for my hair.  That being said, I find that the Mango Cherry shampoo is a little on the clarifying and slightly drying side but not to the point that it completely strips my hair.  The conditioner is a perfect pairing for the shampoo because it really adds back some moisture WITHOUT weighing down my hair and I find that my hair feels very light and soft after using the two together.  Of the Briogoe products that I've tried these are some of the more compatible ones for my hair type.  This isn't a set that I would necessarily choose to use every single day (keep in mind that I do wash my hair every day) but I'm enjoying using them a couple of times per week and alternating with other shampoos and conditioners that I have.  *Bonus--they both smell really good, like a tart cherry mango rather than a super-sweet cherry mango.

Hope that helps but if there's anything else I can answer I'll certainly try!  Also, I know that @faeriegirl recently got the set and she might have some additional thoughts 🙂

@CookieGirl1 Wow, i feel like we have the same hair type, but i dont wash my hair everyday.

I used to, but they kept being oily, and so i decided to try and train them by washing less often; it took a good year, but now they are less oily.

I still get oily at the scalp, but i use dry shampoo to control.

I still havent found my right clarifying shampoo, but i manage.

I also switch between a few different shampoos, if not i find that my hair get used to the same shampoo too much.

I will probably buy the new Brio set, but right now its sold out 😅😅😅😅😅

Edit: i forgot to say that i also preffer theyre conditionner, i find theyre shampoo a bit too liquidy.

@Emy10 hope it comes back into stock soon so that you can try it 🙂

@CookieGirl1 yaaassss Cookie its back in stock so i just ordered whoohoo 😁😁😁😁

Ill let you guys know what i think when i use it. 

Hope you end up liking them, @Emy10!

Well @CookieGirl1 and @faeriegirl , i got the stuff, and i broke out a bit on my forehead a day after using the shampoo, and now its been 2 days and im kinda itchy....

Im not sure if this could be a bit normal due to the ''oil control'' ingredients in the shampoo, and i will still use it atleast another or 2 more times before to decide if i really need to return it.

The other Briogeo product i like never broke me out or itched so idk about this...

Washing my hair i could feel the difference it did on my hair compared to the Banana one, it felt kinda more ''drying/clarifying'' in a way, less than the Apple-kale, but the Apple-kale didnt break me out, and then i dont really know what to think about the conditionner.

Im going to hop in the shower real soon and give it another go.

Ill let you know what i decide to do later 🙂

@Emy10 Oh, what a bummer!  I'm really sorry that it's causing you trouble 😮.

@CookieGirl1 its ok lol, it shows how some natural ingredients can be a bit too much, and as good as some other unnatural stuff.

But yeah i got a somewhat oily scalp, but also sensitive skin, so yeah.

One day ill find a good clarifying shampoo, because dry shamoo buildup is no joke lol

Also, i chose to use the Banana shampoo just earlier, and i already feel better, so ill be returning the sour cherry lol

Another shampoo that I like as a gentle clarifying shampoo is the IGK First Class Detoxifying Charcoal Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL and I don't find it to be as overly drying as some other detoxifying shampoos.

@CookieGirl1 i also just saw that its giving 4X the points right now.

Not that i really care about the Sephora points anymore, its a joke. 

I get much more from Shoppers, i wish they carried even more brands.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing