Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Blonde colored hair treatment

Hello All, can anyone tell me whats the best treatment for blonde colored hair?

Re: Blonde colored hair treatment

I see many people recommending violet based shampoo and conditioner, those can definitely be great to use occasionally if you feel your hair is getting brassy but be mindful that pigmented shampoos and conditioners are very drying on the hair so constant use will do more harm than good.  As far as repair and benefiting the actual structure of your hair goes I definitely echo what everyone else is saying and getting yourself the Olaplex No3 to use at home once a week.  One of my favorite lines for all around nourishment for hair that needs some love is the Davines OI line.  The shampoo, conditioner and milk compliment Olaplex treatments SO well!

Anonymous Insider

YES!

@sephoraadict83 Violet based shampoos are a great start depending on the tonality of your blonde. There are many different shades of blonde, if you are a warmer blonde on the golden side, then skip violet shampoo. If you are a cooler blonde on the ashy side then by all means incorpoate one into your regime. If your cool and your blonde is turning orange then you need a blue based shampoo. It is really best to speak with your hair stylist as they can perscribe a proper regime based on your tonal needs. As far as the health of your hair goes, I can not stress this enough (and it has been said numerous times on this board by the brand themselves) bond builders like Olaplex or Bond Fusion re-link the disulfide bond of the hair on the so3 layer. They are NOT hair treatments or deep treatments. You must proceed with a protein or moisture (or sometimes both) treatment after wards to nourish the hair. Bond builders work internally not externally.

Depending on whether one has hard water or not, even golden blondes may want or need a purple shampoo - I think it was Redken that has two versions of a blonde shampoo and conditioner, one for warm blondes and one for cool blondes. Both were in bottles designed to adjust the amount of purple in the mixture being dispensed. The idea was interesting, just not enough for me to buy...I prefer the Kevin Murphy blonde angel treatment. Using both the blonde angel shampoo and treatment tends to ‘tone’ my blonde a little too much...like “I was trying to stay icy and instead got a weird gray” too much. 

@sephoraaddict83,

Blonde color treated hair can turn brassy and dull after awhile, make sure that you are using a good purple shampoo a few times a week to help brighten it. You do not need to use one everyday! Also, I recommend using a hair treatment that has UV protection in it as the sun can also dull blonde hair. My hair is naturally dark brown and I have been bleaching it for a few years now.

https://www.sephora.com/product/blonde-ale-brightening-shampoo-P399335?skuId=1730571&icid2=products%...

https://www.sephora.com/product/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-primer-P386464?skuId=1602960&icid2=produ...

❤️ Melissa

This is not necessarily a treatment per se but a purple shampoo and conditioner are good for blonde hair! I have had blonde hair for years now and use a purple conditioner on my hair once a week to keep it from getting brassy. I get my purple conditioner from my hair salon but there are a lot of different brands that carry a purple shampoo/conditioner line as well. If you're looking for more of a general deep conditioner for color treated hair, I highly recommend Olaplex! I'll link it down below for you for easier access.

https://www.sephora.com/product/olaplex-hair-perfector-no-3-P428224?skuId=2033264&keyword=olaplex

Definitely olaplex, a good purple shampoo (and/or purple conditioner), and for the crunchy-granola-natural products only type of person (or anyone) virgin unprocessed cold pressed coconut oil straight from the jar. 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing