Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Bleached for first time

Hi! I just bleached my hair for the first time and was told I should get a purple product to cancel out the yellow. I'm not sure which one to get and was wondering if people had any recommendations, I'm up for anything, shampoo, conditioner or styling. Thanks a bunch!!

Re: Bleached for first time

@Maddie2550 

I actually prefer my clients use a toning conditioner to shampoo; toning shampoos are incredibly drying and swell the cuticle allowing your toner to slip out. Christophe Robin Shade Variation Hair Mask - Baby Blonde 2.53 oz/ 75 mL 

@Maddie2550 After trying several purple shampoos, drugstore and salon both, I landed on using J Beverly Hills Blonde Shampoo. It’s the only one I’ve ever found that works well. Plus, the smell is really soothing. I use it 3 times per week, alternating with a moisturizing & repairing shampoo/conditioner on the other days. You can find it only at J Beverly Hills salons or order direct from them online. 

Hi @Maddie2550!

The most important thing is to take care of your hair so it doesn't break off.  I've had severe hair breakage due to bleaching and toning silver for over a year.  Make sure to use a hair mask often and don't wash your hair too much.  I would recommend getting a trim every 3 month to prevent split ends.

Purple shampoo/conditioners should only be used when necessary, not every day/ every few days.  Make sure to buy separate shampoos and conditioners that will prevent frizz, dryness, damage. etc.

I find that amika Blonde Maintenance - Bust Your Brass Purple Haircare Starter Set is on the more gentle side, but I'm looking into color depositing masks similar to the Moroccanoil Color Depositing Mask Platinum as a replacement.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing