Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Beware of Olaplex

I had the best hair ever until I came across Olaplex 4&5. I have 35 inches of naturally curly 3C hair. I applied the shampoo to my hair which smelt great and lathered nicely. Next, I applied the conditioner upon rinsing it out my hair was falling out drastically. I couldn’t believe my eyes due to the hype of this product and how most beauticians rave about it. I tried this product a second time and it happened again. My hair currently frizzes out more than normal and has broken off in the middle of the crown. I’m warning everyone who reads this to beware of these products. Try to test it on a few strands first. Hopefully Olaplex will see the reviews and fix their product. OR TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET!!!

Re: Beware of Olaplex

Hi there feeling the same 😞 did u manage to fix your hair. It’s been over 6 months for me now 

@shanixo I'm sorry that Olaplex didn't work out for you but consider that not every shampoo and conditioner are meant for every hair type so it's a little biased to infer that Olaplex needs to "fix" their product.  I actually used both products for a couple of years because they did work for my hair and I finally took a break from them a few months ago just for the sake of trying some other options.  That being said, there are plenty of popular haircare choices that everyone else seems to love and they just don't work for me--the COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment and the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL immediately come to mind.  Hopefully you can find some other shampoos and conditioners that suit your hair better!

The same exact thing happened to me.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing