Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Best way to address and combat hair thinning?

Exploring effective remedies for hair thinning, including GFC, PRP, mesotherapy, Hair Transplant, and other treatments. Seeking insights on the best strategies and products to restore thickness. Share your experiences and recommendations for fuller, healthier hair.

close-up-man-grooming-hair_23-2148224326.jpg

732x549_THUMBNAIL_Does-Rogaine-Work.jpg

Tags:

Re: Best way to address and combat hair thinning?

Consult your doctor first to see if there’s anything serious going on.

I started experiencing hair loss recently and I love The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL  and it works really well. I also use BeautyBio GloPRO® SCALP MicroTip™ Attachment Head and then apply the ordinary serum and massage with finger tips.

@mindeasy agree with @CynthieLu here - for serious concerns, definitely check in with a dr or derm. You never know if there is something else going on that can impact hair volume/loss.

that being said, I’ve struggled with thinner hair and some hair loss on and off for years. Some things that have worked for me include:

• Prenatal vitamins (I’m currently expecting, but something in there has really thickened my hair up!). I wouldn’t say it’s regrown hair necessarily, but I have noticed a lot more volume and healthier growth/length. Perhaps a multivitamin or hair vitamin might work for you as well!
  • BondiBoost Procapil and Intensive Hair Tonic. These have both been OOS for a while, so I suspect they are reformulating or changing the packaging. If you can get your hands on some, I found it really helped with volume and some growth without greasiness 
  • scalp health is really important. I use K18 Biomimetic Hairscience PEPTIDE PREP™ Clarifying Detox Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL and/or OUAI Detox Shampoo once per week
  • OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL is also great for promoting scalp health and hair growth 
  • Rogaine/minoxidil- I stopped since getting pregnant, but this is the product that noticeably filled in bald/super thin spots along my hairline and part 
  • JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL - obsessed with this stuff. Really makes your hair look super thick and stays that way when you use it with heat, plus it smells amazing!

@cianni Awesome recommendations and thank you for sharing! I've been experiencing some slight thinning but as someone with already quite thin hair I'm really trying to use the right products to help alleviate this issue. I've been using some K18 products particularly the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and I've noticed it's helping with hair strength. I'll definitely have to pick up the detox shampoo that you recommended and try to incorporate that into my weekly routine, I'm currently using amika The Kure Bond Repair Shampoo for Damaged Hair 16.9 oz / 500 mL and although I absolutely love it, I'd definitely love a more detoxifying product to rotate into my routine for scalp health in particular. 

@QueenMarceline i love that k18 mask too! It’s so hard to find masks that don’t weigh thinner hair down

@cianni Omg, YES! It lasts a ridiculously long time too.

For serious and real big hair concerns I'd say go to your doctor or dermatologist.

But if you just want a little boost I have to tag The Ordinary Mini Multi Peptide Hair Density Serum 1 oz / 30 mL , two drops every night and over the course of a few months I started to notice my hair was growing in thicker. Its a very big game of patience using a hair serum. It only works if you can use it consistently.

I'd recommend anyone with mild hair concerns to read up on this, check out some reviews and testimonials. It might be something with trying. 

Also, like alot from this brand. Its pretty darn affordable 😉

@CynthieLu Thank you! Got drawn to this feed because I'm currently on a hair journey and I'm trying to combat some light thinning. This seems like a pretty affordable product to try out, do you massage this into the entire scalp or would you mainly focus on targeting problem areas? Does it leave behind any kind of noticeable residue?

I hear you, hair care journeys are a long process of trial and error. @QueenMarceline I stumbled across this after battling with a dry, itchy scalp. They benefit of increasing my hair density was just a huge perk. I'd always wanted that with fine flat hair but my scalp started me down this road.

This serum is thin and moves fast, fyi. 

Like so much from there ordinary, it's designed to work with just a 2 drops. I tilt my head back and apply it at my temples and spend a few minutes massaging it into my entire scalp. When I do this at bed time those 2 drops are absorbed and gone by morning. My scalp was way less itchy since I added this to my routine and after using it for 6 months I noticed I had less hair fall, less itch and my head of hair was looking fuller. For the price and the ease of use, I happily repurchase a bottle every few months.

I hope this is helpful!

@CynthieLu Absolutely, thank you so much for your awesome and thorough response. I think I'll pick a bottle of this up in the near future and keep you posted on how I'm liking it. 🙂

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • close-up-man-grooming-hair_23-2148224326.jpg
  • 732x549_THUMBNAIL_Does-Rogaine-Work.jpg
testing