Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Best purple shampoo/conditioner and leave-in for damaged hair

Hi all,

Recently removed years of built-up dye to get back to my natural blonde (and its currently more apricot) what's the best purple shampoo to tone down the apricot while healing my damaged hair?  Also the best leave-in.  I guess leave-in doesn't need to be specifically for blonde hair right? Just to really help out with the hair damage.

Re: Best purple shampoo/conditioner and leave-in for damaged hair

I used Drybar's Blonde Ale for a while, but recently started using Amika's Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde shampoo. I think I prefer the Amika shampoo. It has a greater/more noticeable impact after one use. 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/product/bust-your-brass-cool-blonde-shampoo-P419705?skuId=1957497

I think IGK has one, I think.

I think IGK has one, I think.

they sure do! and the line is not only vegan but the prod...

they sure do! and the line is not only vegan but the products have both heat AND UV protection so they're perfect for damaged hair in need of a little tlc and a purple pick-me-up 🙂

I love John Fredia's products for it!! I'm a natural blonde and that seems to get the rusty look out of my hair. It's only $6/$7 and you can either get the spray or the shampoo/conditioner. But be very careful when using it, I have noticed that it can dry your hair out if you use it all the time. 

Joico's purple shampoo is amazing. It really maintains the grey tone in my hair. My natural hair color is dark brown, so tends to go brassy after sometime thus the purple shampoo tones it out. 

Going lighter is beautiful but super damaging. Check with your colorist to see if they use Olaplex or ask for a cellophane. These can bring some life back into dyed/fried hair. Conditioners can only do so much. Many serums on the market but they are only a temporary fix since they are filled with silicones. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing