From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Best products for blow drying frizzy hair?

I have frizzy, thick hair that turns poofy and unmanageable quickly, especially if it’s humid outside. I wash and blow dry my hair every second or third day.

Currently, I spray the Bumble and Bumble InvisibleOil UV Primer and then put the Bumble and Bumble Straight Blow dry cream in my wet hair before blow drying. I find that it helps a lot with frizz, but my hair doesn’t stay as smooth as I’d like it all day. Does anyone have recommendations for products to use before blow drying that prevents frizz all day?

I’m also worried about my hair becoming damaged from heat styling, so I’m also looking for hair masks or treatments to help repair dry, damaged hair. Thank you

Re: Best products for blow drying frizzy hair?

I have the same problem and have to blow dry my hair or else its a frizzy mess naturally. I've found the HOLY GRAIL product for me and strongly recommend the Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer. It's like $50 on amazon or walmart and it is a hairbrush/blow dryer all in one. Just shower, brush out your hair and air dry 50% then use the dryer to smooth and polish out the rest, it takes less than 15min and your hair retains so much moisture and you don't need to flat iron. You keep the volume, tame the frizz, and need little to any product. My hair has never been healthier. It is not as hot as a regular blow dryer and I recommend it to all my sisters and friends now, I love it and save so much time and did not have to spend $$$$$$ on new frizz products all the time. 

Good Luck! xx

@julia19lucy I rec starting with a sulfate-free shampoo.  Next, use a really hydrating conditioner.  I also find that silicone serums are great for frizz fighting.  I'm not familiar with the styling products you listed, so IDK if they have silicones or note.  Hair oils are also great.  You can use them as a treatment, with your conditioner, as a styling product or on dry hair (my fave).  For an anti-frizz spray, I like LP No Frizz Humidity Shield.  I found it works much better than the newer anti-frizz spray they released.  It's not a miracle worker, but it helps.  Dry shampoo is also a great way to get your style to last longer so you can avoid heat damage.

Tag me if you'd like specific product rec's 🙂  good luck!

Hi @julia19lucy,

I recommend checking out Living Proof No Frizz Instant De-Frizzer 6.2 oz/ 208 mL.  Its a dry conditioning spray you can use on dry hair and it helps with softness, smoothness, and shine.  

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing