Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Best conditioner for Blue Lagoon in Iceland

I will be going to Iceland soon and have been told the water in the Blue Lagoon makes your hair SUPER dry, frizzy, and stripped. Any recommendations on which deep conditioning treatment I should bring with me to repair the damage?

Re: Best conditioner for Blue Lagoon in Iceland

They provide a conditioner in the changing room that you can keep in your hair when going in. Like the previous poster, I just wore my hair in a tight top bun, didn’t get it wet and didn’t have any issues. If you want to float or submerge in the water I recommend just really coating your hair with conditioner, wear it in a bun and wash/condition before leaving.  For a leave-in to take with you, I love the Briogeo Rosarco Milk, their Don’t despair, repair mask is good as well If you want to wear your own conditioner in the lagoon. 

@lydic I put my hair up in a top-bun when I went and didn't have any problems with it getting particularly damaged. The sediment in the water can be a bit drying, but just keeping it out is a pretty simple fix. The water isn't really for swimming through, it's more of a soaking experience, and while I got some water in my hair, a good rinse on the way out was good. That said, if you did want to be extra careful, any strong moisturizing treatment after would be good, I love Briogeo's Deep Conditioning treatment or Olaplex 3.

https://www.sephora.com/product/dont-despair-repair-deep-conditioning-mask-P388628

https://www.sephora.com/product/olaplex-hair-perfector-no-3-P428224?skuId=2033264&keyword=olaplex%20...

Thanks for your recommendation!! 

I love moroccan oil hair masks, I think either repair, smoothing or hydrating would work, they work miracles on dry and damaged hair, so they should work for you, if it gets frizzy you could also try their smoothing hair cream, it's amazing. Have a nice trip 🙂

@lydic

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing