cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Best Hair Repair Treatment!?

Hey guys!

So I have only died my hair 3 times but I have gone with a blonder and blonder balayage each time! I have always gotten my hair dyed by a professional, never at home. My hair is already very long and naturally very thick and coarse!My hair has gotten very dry and damaged and i'm thinking it is because my hair is already so thick and coarse! It breaks very easily now and I also have a huge problems with knots underneath my hair! 

Can anyone suggest the best repair products for my hair! I'm interested in anything from masks to sprays to conditioning treatments! Anything that will work best really!

Thank you guys for the help!!

RE: Best Hair Repair Treatment!?

I feel like I sound like a broken record about this but I highly suggest using Olaplex! Olaplex works internally to repair broken bonds in the hair, so this will strengthen and restructure the hair! I send my clients home with Olaplex to maintain the integrity of your hair. I suggest doing Olaplex treatment to begin rebuilding, and help with prevent further breakage. You can use moisture and protein treatments as well to address the external issues! Doing all this along with really "babying" your hair (little to no heat tools, brush wet hair gently, etc) you will begin to really see a difference!❤
Anonymous Insider

Re: Best Hair Repair Treatment!?

I had a similar issue when i balayaged my hair, but using the macademia deep repair masque once or twice a week really strengthened and softened my dry, coarse ends. Sometimes I would even leave a bit in my hair to work as sort of a leave-in, and if i really needed it, would double up with the rock your hair leave in conditioning and detangling spray. Best wishes!

Re: Best Hair Repair Treatment!?

Hi there Marlainamarie, when it comes to bleaching, lightening, or dyeing of hair it will always become damaged in some way no matter what kind of hair you have. It has to do with the pores and the cuticles in your hair being opened to the dyeing process (you say you've gone blonder and blonder so I'm assuming some bleaching has happened?). When hair is colored or lightened, the bonds that make up the cellular membrane complex are broken, so that color can either be deposited or in the case of lightening, removed. As the cellular membrane complex comes back together, many of these crucial bonds no longer fuse, leading to the deterioration of the cuticle and cortex cells responsible for supporting the inner structure of the hair.

In essence, you need protein and moisture in your hair! You will have to juggle around what works for you (ex: hair mask every other wash, or avoiding certain types of ingredients all together, and HOW many times you wash) and use a product for a minimum of a full week before moving on the next one if it doesn't work. These are some products you may find useful:

- Restore Mask Treatment; Living Proof (you can try this companies shampoo and conditioner too)

- Rosarco Repair; Briogeo (one I've tried myself and have simply adored, my hair felt so silky afterwards, and they sell travel kits so you could try out the set without resorting to large bottles)

- Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Shampoo; Bumble & Bumble (helps with detangling, good for coarse, dry, frizzy hair)

- BlondMe Keratin Restore Bonding Mask; Mat&Max (specifically designed for blonde hair, natural or dyed or lightened, repairs the internal structure and strengthens hair elasticity)

- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intense Hydration Masque; SheaMoisture (contains a lot of naturally derived ingredients meant to protect your hair even after use)

- I'd also recommend find a really nice dry shampoo to use to avoid having to wash as often so as not to let your hair become brassy

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing