Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Best Brush for coarse hair?

I am trying to embrace my natural hair for the first time in my life and so with air drying I usually cannot brush my hair whatsoever because it will be poodle hair. Does anyone else with wiry coarse hair have this problem? Could it be that I am using the wrong type of brush? I would love to read about other peoples air dry routines for wavy, coarse hair! 

Best Brush for coarse hair?

Hi Bridget, I also have frizz prone wavy hair, although mine is quite fine and tends to break easily. I get great results when I only brush my hair when it's wet. Seriously. I use a Wet brush in the shower after applying my conditioner, I brush it through really well, and then I rinse it upsidedown while scrunching so there is still a little bit of conditioner left. Other than than I don't brush it, just apply a few drops of oil with my hands if needed. if I want to get second day hair, I spray with with a mister bottle before brushing. This usually gives me looser waves. Hope you find something that works and share! I love learning new tips.

Re: Best Brush for coarse hair?

hi there @BridgetSoutter  I would suggest trying a leave in conditioning product, to help minimize tangles and prevent any loss from tugging and pulling on the hair.  Here are a couple that have worked well for me, Briogeo Farewell Frizz™ Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner 5 oz/ 148 mL,Verb Curl Leave-In Conditioner 6 oz/ 177 mL i am wearing braids currently and i use leave in sprays/creams and oils to keep my hair and scalp conditioned always.  

Hope some of this helps you solve for your concerns.

Best to you!

RE: Re: Best Brush for coarse hair?

Thank you!!

Re: RE: Re: Best Brush for coarse hair?

@BridgetSoutter you are very welcome! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing