Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

BLONDIES! Looking for a shampoo to get rid of BRASS!

I am on the hunt for a good shampoo that will eliminate some of the brass in my hair. I've tried shimmer lights and it is drying my hair out so bad. Please let me know what brands you have found that work and leave your hair a pretty ice blonde!

Also, what are your thoughts on Hue Shampoo/Conditioner?

Thanks!!

RE: BLONDIES! Looking for a shampoo to get rid of BRASS!

I use "Not Your Mothers" it works great and smells amazing!!!! It's also more affordable vs other brands. I have also tried Hask. It works good too!!!

Fonala no yellow.shampoo is BOMB kinda pricey but worth every penny!

Re: RE: BLONDIES! Looking for a shampoo to get rid of BRASS!

Thank you! I hear such good things about that shampoo. I def need to try it!!

Re: BLONDIES! Looking for a shampoo to get rid of BRASS!

Clairol Shimmer Lights!! It’s great and you can order on Amazon!

This isn't a shampoo but purvana the perfect blonde mask is fantastic it took me from a super gold brassy blonde to the perfect shade of ash blonde. They also have a purple shampoo and conditioner as well as some styling products specifically for blondes

Yes I love pravana! I tried that before and love the way It made my hair so soft. I'll have to go back to using it! 🙂

Thank you!!

Shampoos are not the best for this if the brass is coming from coloring your hair blond.  Ask for Ash Blond if you dye and enough processing time.

More SUPER thin highlights and a great stylist is more successful.  

I use Medium Ash Blond and don't have any brassiness. 

On another note, Dry Bar Blond shampoo/conditioner (purple bottle) makes your hair super soft and detangled. The stuff is purple, too!  Afterwards, I use a few sprays of Dry Bar Prep Rally since highlighted hair can get tangly at the ends. 

Thank you I will definitely have to get the Ash Blonde put into my hair. So helpful!

I had no idea Drybar had the Blond shampoo/cond. I love their products, I will def check them out! Thank you so much for your help 🙂

Hi! I like to keep my ashy brown/blonde by using Fanola No Yellow Shampoo. I use it once a week with a hair mask right after. I leave the shampoo on for about 15 minutes while I shower & then use a hair mask for an hour or two.

Thank you!! I've seen videos on it but haven't tried it yet! Will def give it a try, thanks 🙂

I've heard purple shampoo is good but I've used it before and the smell is pretty strong but it works.

Thank you sooo much!!!
13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing