Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

Which hair mask is best for dry frizzy hair...?

Re: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

Shu Uemura (sp?) has a moisturizing mask which I find is the best. It's soo expensive but it's worked better than most i've tried.

RE: Re: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

I really love the living proof restore Line lots of moisture and smells good to.

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask

Give your hair the moisture it needs!

I second this mask! It leaves my hair so soft and smells incredible.

RE: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

Olaplex No3!!!

RE: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

Olaplex #3 aaayyeee lol smother your hair with it wrap it up in a cap or if you don’t have anything use Saran Wrap & add some heat with your blow dryer lmao when you are all done wash it out & BAM bEaUTiFuL hair weeeee hehe xo good luck leave it on for a while xoxox

Re: RE: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

how often do you recommend using it? 

@NishiSN Depending on your preferences, I'd also recommend AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Maskthat I've gotten in play! boxes and TOGETHER BEAUTY - Crown + Glory Smoothing Maskthat I got in a Gratis package as part of Sephora's new clean beauty haircare push. It smells super coconutty and it works very well but it's 7oz to Amika's 8 for the same price. I prefer natural products so it's NBD for me, but if that's not a huge deal to you they perform very similarly and the Amika would be a better value

@NishiSN Frizzy hair is usually an indicator of moisture loss. You can try out Kérastase Discipline Smoothing Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair 6.8 oz/ 200 mL

@NishiSN @GG84 We would definitely recommend Kérastase Discipline Smoothing Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair 6.8 oz/ 200 mLfor frizz, and for dryness we recommend KéRASTASE - Nutritive Mask for Dry Thick Hair.Let us know how you like it! xx

I disagree about the frizzy hair being a sign of moisture...

I disagree about the frizzy hair being a sign of moisture loss because my hair is just naturally dry. I've tried every product on the market pretty much and the most recent ones are the Olaplex line! The best line hands down (for me anyway). I'm 48...so I've been dealing and experimenting with many products over the years. Good luck finding the right product for your hair. I know how frustrating it can get...and expensive! GLAM ON LADIES 💜

@GG84 Thank you dear😊

@GG84 I just discovered this mask online the other day!  Now that you rec'd it, I might have to buy it!  🙂

@NishiSN  In addition to the great suggestions you received from @l8totheparty, I really like this hair mask:

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL

As well, I recently discovered this shampoo and conditioner combo that brought my hair back from the frizz grave caused by daily swimming in chlorinated water:

Drybar On The Rocks Clarifying Charcoal Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Drybar On The Rocks Lightweight Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

I have fine, long, naturally-curly, colour-treated hair and this has been so good for bringing back the shine and bounce I used to have. It’s pricey but so worth it, imo. 

Thank you so much😊 I definitely try these products 👍

Depending on your price range.

I love Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

For strength.

CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

For moisture.

@NishiSN 

RE: Re: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

Hey @I8totheparty do you suggest one over the other? Last night I used a mask sample that ruined the oil levels in my hair. Like normally it feels like soft silky kitty fur and now it’s like a rough bristle tail of some untamed beast and soaking up all my day products without much of a diff. Normally I use my Hayeo Mayo, but I definitely need something extra for a while.

Re: RE: Re: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔

Oh my goodness,  @Weetart !I didn't see your comment till now. First of all, I want your original hair, pre-wreck lol.

Second of all, I want to know what wrecked your hair's balance, so I stay away. Also, did it have dimethicone? Amodimethicone? Some people's hair doesn't take the 'cones well it seems (from reading reviews).

Third, the Olaplex strengthens the bonds in your hair, so it should help especially if you have damaged hair. I find the Christophe Robin mask to be soooooo good for moisturizing, without leaving my scalp oily.  A pricey little stinky miracle in a tub. I'd go with the stinky miracle for extra moisture and softness (and no dimethicone ingredient).

Okay @l8totheparty  first off, it was the "Perfect Repair Treatment Masque" from NatureLab. I received two samples from Ipsy so I was like, okay, I'll try it. I'll attach the photos here. I'll also attach the photos of the two products that I normally use (in the shower) that gave me silky kitty fur, PhytoJoba Hydrating Shampoo and Tonymoly Haeyo Mayo Hair Pack. I'm having a hard time reading the label for the "Perfect Repair" that destroyed my hair, but I do see dimethicone as the third ingredient. 

My after bathing treatments after include Moroccanoil Treatment, PhytoJoba Moisturizing Hair Gel, and IGK Antisocial Overnight Bond Building Hair Mask (from a gratis - thanks Sephora!).

But it seems my Haeyo Mayo also has dimethicone... but, but, my silly kitty fur! Or am I one of the peeps it doesn't bother and it's something else in that mask that stripped my hair? Or maybe I should upgrade to CR and I could level-up to majestic silly kitty fur hair!

The Oliplex 3 arrived in the mail today. So, if I'm reading the instructions right, you put it on before you shampoo?

IMG_4402.JPGIMG_4401.JPGIMG_4403.JPGIMG_4405.JPGIMG_4406.JPG

@Weetart that sucks!!  Well, since dimethicone is no2 in ingredients in your mayo, then your hair must not mind it?  Ug!  Both products have dimethicone so that can't be it. 

Yes. Rinse your hair, towel dry, slather it all in (takes me more than my regular conditioner or hair mask amount), and leave in for about an hour.  Then wash and condition.  Take before and after pictures!  I do hope you enjoy it!  

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • IMG_4402.JPG
  • IMG_4401.JPG
  • IMG_4403.JPG
  • IMG_4405.JPG
  • IMG_4406.JPG
testing