Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Are expensive hair dryers worth it?

I have fine hair that is just above my shoulders. I have an older Babylonia hair dyer I got at ulta as part of a combo deal with a flat iron a number of years ago. It’s fine but I don’t love it.  I have never spent a lot of money on a hair dryer but I am using it almost daily now. Is a T3 or GHD hair dryer worth it and, if so, why? If you don’t like those brands, which do you prefer? Should I upgrade? What hairdryers do you recommend?

Tags:

Re: Are expensive hair dryers worth it?

I get a professional blowout each week, but when I do my own hair I have had better luck with Drybar The Single Shot Blow-Dryer Brush  as I’m not as coordinated with a blowdryer and brush. I have thick, Keratin treated hair, so I let my hair get about 60% dry air drying with a cocktail of  OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner OUAI Mini Hair Oil 0.45 oz/ 13 mL  OR use the Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil (less is more) with Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL . I take small sections working from the back  using Drybar Liquid Glass Miracle Smoothing Sealant 6.4 oz/ 188 mL or the creamy one in the white packaging.  I still have to flat iron my hair for the look I want, so i spray OUAI Heat Protection Spray in my dry hair and brush it through before flatironing in small sections. (Do you see why I get a blow out each week? 😂😂😂) I don’t trust my hair to just any blowdryer. Some don’t heat evenly and I think that’s very damaging to my hair. You get what you pay for.

Re: Are expensive hair dryers worth it?

@mrsw09 @I went from a conair one to the Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer White so that’s really a jump. The difference is honestly insane. I have medium hair thickness, bra strap length, that’s probably 3A curls. Drying time with the dyson is half the time, it’s not even a close comparison. 

i haven’t used the ones you’ve mentioned so I can’t speak to dry time on those in comparison, but my experience with heat styling tools generally (like flat irons) is you get what you pay for. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing