Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Any Recommendations for Dry Shampoo?

My local store suggested trying dry shampoo, but I’m skeptical. I tried it many years ago with poor results. Thinking about trying it again. My hair is short, fine and straight. I color it regularly (medium brown). Any feedback as to what might work?

Re: Any Recommendations for Dry Shampoo?

@SedonaStar I prefer loose powder formulas.  For me, they're easier to control.  My fave is from Klorane.  Sephora no long sells it, but Ulta does.  I don't use it the way it's packaged, though.  I put it in a nozzle bottle and shake it where I need it.  Then, I pat it to let it absorb.  Another option with the loose formula is to shake some onto a tissue or plate, and dip a dense blush brush into it (the kind with a handle).  Then, you can dab it where you need it.  This gives you a ton of control.

Here are some tips when using dry shampoo:

-apply it *before* you need it - it'll work better if your hair isn't really oily.  So for example, if you wash your hair on a Sunday and by Wed morning it's looking oily, apply the dry shampoo on Tuesday night

-apply it at night - that way you will have all night for it to absorb in case you apply too much

-if you really feel like you've applied too much, you can brush it through.  OR, brush and blow dry at the same time.

Good luck!  Let us know how it works 🙂

Thank you for your recommendations! 

@SedonaStar My fave from Sephora is Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo but lately (and by lately I mean for probably the last few years) I’ve just been using Batiste, which I get at either Target or Ulta. They do also make a tinted one for brown hair, but I have really dark brown hair at my roots and the original works just fine. I don’t like tinted dry shampoos. 

Two I really love are: 

IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo 6.3 oz/ 288 mL 

#Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo For Brunettes 3.5 oz if your hair is dark or Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ! Good luck! @SedonaStar 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing