Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Advice for hair that won’t grow?

Hey! So I’ve asked every hairdresser I’ve gone to and they have sold me every Redkin and brand product they have but my hair won’t grow. It isn’t a vitamin deficiency, my nails grow like crazy and I’ve always had very fine, thin hair but it has gotten worse. Any advice for good products for super thin, fine hair?

Re: Advice for hair that won’t grow?

I have super thin hair. It grows but it breaks easily, I have to find the most gentle products. I use Sebastian hair thickener conditioner in the shower twice monthly. I also like redkin age shampoos and conditioner, but I’ve only used it twice. But I perceive Christophe increases my hair growth. I shampoo my scalp then leave it on my hair while I do the whole spa thing - dry brush, expholiate and wash. My scalp feels regeneration and alive. I can only afford to use it monthly, but it works

CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Shampoo with Prickly Pear Oil

Drybar Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Mousse 6.5 oz

Hey! I know this was a few months ago, but I had something to share for thinning hair. So mine is thin and fine and dry (ugh lol), and I have tried a LOT of products to get shiny volume. So far, something that gives results for me is a hair mask/deep conditioner, Nioxin Deep Protect Density Mask. It is not at Sephora, but they have at Ulta. I don't know HOW, but every time I use it (in comparison to high-end deep conditioners from Joico, etc.), my hair looks WAY thicker after blow drying than when I use other products. So I would look into that. On no-wash days, I use Batiste Dry Shampoo Volumizing (pink bottle) from the drugstore. For my hair, it works better than the expensive dry shampoos including Living Proof, plus actually affordable. It does leave a white cast on dark hair which I was mad about at first-- but it.quickly turns into invisible shine when you rub against your scalp/brush through. Batiste obviously isn't at Sephora either, yet makes my hair look thicker, bouncier, and freshly clean. I love using it before a ponytail because it makes the tail look noticeably thicker which was a nice change!

If your hair isn’t growing and it’s been more than three months I would go see your GP and have your thyroid checked.  

Bioten, vitamin E and vitamin D are all good for hair and nails.  So are regular head massages.  Healthy hair needs good circulation.  

Castor oil is also said to be good for hair growth though it’s thick so you may want to dilute it somewhat.  @LondonCarpenter 

Are you eating well? Plenty of good calories?

RE: Advice for hair that won’t grow?

I have fine curly hair and some of the products I’m about to recommend are made for curlies but are beneficial to all hair types. There are a couple serums you can try that aren’t sold at Sephora but are sold at Ulta. One is the Grow Gorgeous hair density serum. They have an intense version of it, too. It didn’t really work all that well for me but it’s gotten hundreds of 5 star reviews. Right now I am using Curl Smith’s full lengths density elixir with their scalp stimulating booster. There are also tons of essential oil blends out there that can help. Righteous Roots is one (you’ll have to google it). Also you should really make sure that your scalp is healthy. Healthy hair starts at the scalp. Scalp scrubs, build up removing products, etc will all help you out a lot. Deep conditioning regularly has also helped my hair grow. I do it once a week. I make sure to use deep conditioners without silicones and other ingredients that will weigh my hair down so I still have some volume. I love DevaCurl melt into moisture. Read the ingredients of the products you use and learn what they are and which ones are actually bad for your hair. Hope some of this helps you!

Re: RE: Advice for hair that won’t grow?

Has curlsmith scalp stimulating booster helped you?

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing