cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Adding Volume to Next Day Hair

Hi.

First I want to say thank you for taking your time to help me.

I have strait hair that gets super oily at the roots the next day which also means it loses volume and gets flat.

If anyone could recommend any products/methods that I could use to add volume to my second day hair I would really appreciate it. As of right now I use a powder based dry-shampoo to get rid of the oil and while it does work really well, it doesn't add volume.

Thanks again for your help!!!!!!!

Re: Adding Volume to Next Day Hair

@FloridaKeysGal   I really like using these two products together: 

https://www.sephora.com/product/amp-instant-texture-volumizer-P378142?icid2=products%20grid:p378142:...

https://www.sephora.com/product/instant-texture-mist-P387801?icid2=products%20grid:p387801:product

As a bonus, they really respond well to humid weather; it seems to reinvigorate them!  I also live in a very humid climate, so this was a pleasant surprise for me, especially as we're heading into summer.

Re: Adding Volume to Next Day Hair

Hi! I personally love LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo

most days and it usually adds enough volume to my hair for an every day (but I have shoulder length straight hair).  If I want/need a little more I like Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 Texturizing Finishing Spray 4.2 oz Blanc Scent

for an easy instant volume.  If I am in the mood to style it or I need it to last a couple days I love Drybar Whiskey Fix Styling Paste 1.7 oz/ 50 g

to add something to the roots and to use it to to scrunch up my hair like the suggested usage to add some texture. Its very easy, does not add too much shine because it is a natural wax.  It is also pretty forgiving if you need to change your style the next day.  I hope this helps! 

RE: Adding Volume to Next Day Hair

Stop using shampoo with sulfates. They strip your hair’s natural oil, making it overcompensate and causing your scalp to be more oily. It will take several washes for your hair to get used to sulfate free shampoo but in the long run, you’ll be able to go longer between wash days. I used to have to wash my hair every single day because my hair was so oily and then I stopped using sulfates and now I can go three days if I really try. Another tip is to use dry shampoo before you go to bed instead of using it to refresh in the morning.

Re: RE: Adding Volume to Next Day Hair

Thank you for the advice but I already use sulfate-free shampoo. I used to wash my hair every day but switched to every other day while using the sulfate free shampoo. I switched my routine about 4-5 months ago but my hair still gets really oily at the roots on the second day. While it's not as oily as before, it is oily enough to make my hair flat. I'll try using the dry shampoo before going to bed and see how that goes.

Thank you for the help!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing