Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

stress relief

I'v been so stressed lately so what i do is i eat some ginger as a snack then exfoliate it helps calm me down whats your beauty stress reliever?

Re: stress relief

@officegal LOL. OK, I have to share one more extreme spa story! So I really enjoyed using the public baths in Japan and discovered that it's fairly common to have these "electric" water pools. I suppose there are some health benefits but it was too much of a buzz for me, esp feeling the electricity run out my palms into the metal rail I used to get out. I later saw a lady just hanging out in the strongest "zap" zone and was quite impressed. Wow, I'm not selling this well. Japanese public baths can be so wonderful and relaxing - just avoid the zapping pools! Thanks for the low-down on Elmwood/Stillwater Smiley Happy

Re: stress relief

Did I forget to mention that just coming here and chatting with you gals on beauty talk is a huge source of stress relief?!?!? Remiss in my gratitude if I haven't said so. Thanks, ladies!!

Re: stress relief

I agree, mermadelove! This IS a great form of stress relief, and I love talking with you all about fun things and sharing ideas : )

 

: )

Re: stress relief

Love ya, ladies!  Smiley Wink

 

 


pocketvenus wrote:

@officegal LOL. OK, I have to share one more extreme spa story! So I really enjoyed using the public baths in Japan and discovered that it's fairly common to have these "electric" water pools. I suppose there are some health benefits but it was too much of a buzz for me, esp feeling the electricity run out my palms into the metal rail I used to get out. I later saw a lady just hanging out in the strongest "zap" zone and was quite impressed. Wow, I'm not selling this well. Japanese public baths can be so wonderful and relaxing - just avoid the zapping pools! Thanks for the low-down on Elmwood/Stillwater Smiley Happy


Okay, drawing the line at electric shock therapy!  LOL  Wow at the lady - she must have started at a very young age.  Sometimes I think the Asians are completely insane.

 

Re: stress relief


officegal wrote:

Love ya, ladies!  Smiley Wink

 

 


pocketvenus wrote:

@officegal LOL. OK, I have to share one more extreme spa story! So I really enjoyed using the public baths in Japan and discovered that it's fairly common to have these "electric" water pools. I suppose there are some health benefits but it was too much of a buzz for me, esp feeling the electricity run out my palms into the metal rail I used to get out. I later saw a lady just hanging out in the strongest "zap" zone and was quite impressed. Wow, I'm not selling this well. Japanese public baths can be so wonderful and relaxing - just avoid the zapping pools! Thanks for the low-down on Elmwood/Stillwater Smiley Happy


Okay, drawing the line at electric shock therapy!  LOL  Wow at the lady - she must have started at a very young age.  Sometimes I think the Asians are completely insane.

 


Electricity and WATER?????? Are they taking the whole ionic detox thing to the next level or something???

I think I would be a little scared to do that........

Re: stress relief

You know, Electricity in water and scolding hot water does sound crazy, but I've always been in awe of how asians age so beautifully. Once I started a new job, and I made friends with this girl Cindy really quickly. For the longest time I thought she was around my age which at the time was 22-23 until one day she was totally depressed because her birthday was coming up. I asked her why? and she told me she was turning 39!! I couldn't believe it! I thought she was lying. She had to show me her I.D. to prove it lol.  She's not the first asian woman I believed to be younger than she is, she is just the most I've ever been off on an age lol. She looked almost 20 years younger than she actually was. She said it was probably her diet, and skin care routine, but really asians might know the true secrets to staying young lol. Maybe electricity in water and scolding hot water is where it is at lol.

Re: stress relief


sarithor wrote:

You know, Electricity in water and scolding hot water does sound crazy, but I've always been in awe of how asians age so beautifully. Once I started a new job, and I made friends with this girl Cindy really quickly. For the longest time I thought she was around my age which at the time was 22-23 until one day she was totally depressed because her birthday was coming up. I asked her why? and she told me she was turning 39!! I couldn't believe it! I thought she was lying. She had to show me her I.D. to prove it lol.  She's not the first asian woman I believed to be younger than she is, she is just the most I've ever been off on an age lol. She looked almost 20 years younger than she actually was. She said it was probably her diet, and skin care routine, but really asians might know the true secrets to staying young lol. Maybe electricity in water and scolding hot water is where it is at lol.


 

 

I have an ionic foot bath ( made in China-- you should read the translations in the glossy 'instructional' booklet)

that works on this electricity in water principal. And I've used it and it works for detox. But actually feeling a zap sounds scary to me! I would be bnold enough to try it --with a group of friends!!

 

Re: stress relief

@mermadelove Wow, I don't think I could even handle that for my feet! I'm curious - do you still use it? Did you find it made a big difference?

Re: stress relief

hahaha, I look my age I think... 25, but what throws people off is my voice Smiley Sad I have a high pitched, child-like voice... I've been compared to the girl in "Little Shop of Horrors" the blonde... I can't think of her name. I KNOW its not that bad, but its bad haha. I can't stand to hear my voice on recording. I cringe everytime. Its sad when telemarketers call my phone and ask  if my "mommy" is home... omg that drives me insane. I've had a couple call center jobs too and when the customers get mad, they assume I'm in India and the company I work for uses Child Labor. Sometimes that would make me soo mad I would tell them I was 46 with a grandchild lol. That usually shut them up. I got teased  ALOT in high school about it. I dreaded public speaking. Everyone would mimic me. I've had people tell me not to talk because my voice annoyed them. I would go home crying... cause I think if they were making fun of the way I look, I would be able to handle it more, cause I can change my looks. But I can't ever change my voice. People have told me I should do cartoon voice overs... I mean thats the first thing people want to talk about when it comes to voice and everyone has a different reaction to it. I'm slowly starting to love my voice, but its a sloooow process haha.

Re: stress relief

 


sarithor wrote:

hahaha, I look my age I think... 25, but what throws people off is my voice Smiley Sad I have a high pitched, child-like voice... I've been compared to the girl in "Little Shop of Horrors" the blonde... I can't think of her name. I KNOW its not that bad, but its bad haha. I can't stand to hear my voice on recording. I cringe everytime. Its sad when telemarketers call my phone and ask  if my "mommy" is home... omg that drives me insane. I've had a couple call center jobs too and when the customers get mad, they assume I'm in India and the company I work for uses Child Labor. Sometimes that would make me soo mad I would tell them I was 46 with a grandchild lol. That usually shut them up. I got teased  ALOT in high school about it. I dreaded public speaking. Everyone would mimic me. I've had people tell me not to talk because my voice annoyed them. I would go home crying... cause I think if they were making fun of the way I look, I would be able to handle it more, cause I can change my looks. But I can't ever change my voice. People have told me I should do cartoon voice overs... I mean thats the first thing people want to talk about when it comes to voice and everyone has a different reaction to it. I'm slowly starting to love my voice, but its a sloooow process haha.


 

I imagine you as having a Sarah Vowell voice!  At least it's cute rather than repulsive, right?  Smiley Wink  It's gotta be the worst for straight guys with abnormally high-pitched voices.

Re: stress relief

Haha I had to look her up.. yeah fairly similar.. I think mines just a little higher, but not far off. The one thing I truely hate though is when I yell, it gets higher, but not really louder... so, its so pointless for me to yell if you're standing far away, or in a loud area, cause it makes it harder to hear me lol. I have a really good horror movie scream though hahaha. Ear splitting. Screaming can be a good stress reliever if you're really mad haha.

Re: stress relief

@sarithor -- I think I can sympathize to some extent! I was horrified the first time I heard my voice on tape. It was *nothing* like I hear in my head (it never is, right?)...this was years ago, but even at 30, I sound *way* younger than I am. It's even worse when I'm sick! I was never teased growing up (about that, anyway -- though I was for other things) but I made a passing reference to my little girl voice to my friends, and they were like, "Oh, yeah, we know...your voice IS really high..." and I was like, "Thanks. You're not supposed to agree with me!!"

 

: )

Re: stress relief

Okay, I'm completely incompetent at "quoting" someone's past comment, but re: officegal's comment about men with high pitched voices -- aren't people always making fun of David Beckham for his voice? I just don't understand. I think I have to side with Victoria Beckham, who, in a recent interview, said something to the effect of: "I've never noticed that about his voice. Just LOOK at him!" Um, exactly.

 

I know that wasn't your point -- I DO agree that it would be awful for men who do have a super high pitched voice and do *not* look like David Beckham.

 

: )

 

 

 

 

Re: stress relief

Haha, I worked with a guy with a high pitched voice and some one made the comment that me and him must be siblings cause we sound the same..... he was sooo upset. I felt bad. If its been bad for me my whole life as a girl, it had to be 10 timesm harder for him.

Re: stress relief


katie1724 wrote:

Okay, I'm completely incompetent at "quoting" someone's past comment, but re: officegal's comment about men with high pitched voices -- aren't people always making fun of David Beckham for his voice? I just don't understand. I think I have to side with Victoria Beckham, who, in a recent interview, said something to the effect of: "I've never noticed that about his voice. Just LOOK at him!" Um, exactly.

 

I know that wasn't your point -- I DO agree that it would be awful for men who do have a super high pitched voice and do *not* look like David Beckham.

 

: )

 

 

 

 


To quote: When you want to answer someone and quote them, hit the pink reply button in their post. Then once the message box comes up,the quote button is right next to the spell check button. You can delete whatever you don't want to quote.

Smiley Happy

 

 

 

And when I was younger, up until about 24, telemarketers would be like "Hi,little boy (!!!) is your mother home?"

Smiley Surprised

Re: stress relief

 


mermadelove wrote:

 

And when I was younger, up until about 24, telemarketers would be like "Hi,little boy (!!!) is your mother home?"

Smiley Surprised


 

LMAO, mermade!!!

 

That reminds me of when my brother was little and answer the phone, people would always assume he was me or one of our sisters.  Poor thing used to get so upset.  Then he went through that awful adolescent stage and suddenly his voice deepened almost overnight.

 

Mine is a bit on the high side but not overly so.  I have to modulate it to a lower pitch in order to be taken more seriously, though.  And stop saying "like" too much, which became a habit at some point I don't know how.

 

Re: David Beckham - I don't think I've ever heard his voice!!  But high pitched men's voice is a total turn off with me.  It almost doesn't matter what he looks like... even when he looks like Becks. 

Re: stress relief

@mermadelove: Thanks for the hint!

Highlighted

Re: stress relief

Went to the spa today!  Stress relief indeed!  I got a nice facial and feel so relaxed.  Smiley Happy

 

 

Re: stress relief

@officegal: OMG!! How beautiful! I am getting ready to go to the spa TODAY!

 

@everyone: I would be a little more excited than I am feeling now, but I have a migraine. Again. I'm hoping this gets rid of the last one of them once and for all!

I'll take pics and post, too!!

Have a great day, gals!

 

Re: stress relief

@officegal That looks lovely! You've inspired me. I thinking of heading to a B&B in Niagara and visiting a spa.

 

@mermadelove Feel better soon! <3 Also, thanks for the quote tutorial Smiley Happy

 

re: voices - I find in addition to lowering one's voice, speaking slower can also help.

Re: stress relief

Back from the spa!!!

I didn't take pics of the spa, but I will take pics of my mani/pedi. My migraine went away for about 3hours, but I do feel much better than when I got up this morning!

Here's what I did today:

 

Steam room with eucalyptus spray

 

Cool water pool dip

 

Hydro massage followed immediately by

 

Swedish massage

 

Spa lunch:

 celeriac and leek soup with flaxseed bread

organic salad greens with seaweed and crushed hemp and chia seeds

black beans, sauteed zucchini and summer squash, cousous salad with lemon and herbs

herbal tea

 seaweed tonic

spelt cake with cacao nibs and raw honey

 

Spa pedicure with foot and leg massage and salt scrub- OPI Austin-tacious Turquoise

Spa Manicure with arm massage and sugar scrub - OPI The Color to Watch

 

I totally fell asleep during the mani/pedi which I SO needed!!!

 

Re: stress relief

Your nail colors are awesome!  And your ring set is gorgeous!  What nice pictures you posted!

 

Your spa trip sounds wonderful. There aren't any spas near me in Central PA, the nearest one is hours away in Hershey, where they have chocolate wraps (you get wrapped up in chocolate soaked wrappings and lie around with this on)! I'm not sure I could stand being wrapped in chocolate, I might get tempted to just eat the stuff!

Re: stress relief

I could certainly use a stress reliever and a spa day sounds perfect.  your pictures are beautiful- thanks for sharing. 

Re: stress relief


prettyinpa wrote:

Your nail colors are awesome!  And your ring set is gorgeous!  What nice pictures you posted!

 

Your spa trip sounds wonderful. There aren't any spas near me in Central PA, the nearest one is hours away in Hershey, where they have chocolate wraps (you get wrapped up in chocolate soaked wrappings and lie around with this on)! I'm not sure I could stand being wrapped in chocolate, I might get tempted to just eat the stuff!


Yeah......getting wrapped in chocolate sounds like a particularly ingenious form of torture!

Thanks for the compliments!

Re: stress relief

Your mani/pedi looks amazing!! Now I'm inspired to get one...I do have an appointment for a facial in a couple weeks. I'm glad you had a nice day at the spa; it sounds like you needed some relaxation.

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 2913 views
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos6
  • ollieandseansleeping.jpg
  • img 049.jpg
  • img 050.jpg
  • mani.JPG
  • pedi.JPG
  • strawberryblonde.jpg