Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

crappy life/family siutation/issues

Is there a section for talking about your crappy family and life issues? LOL ๐Ÿ˜•

Re: crappy life/family siutation/issues

I wouldnโ€™t necessarily say this situation is crappy per se, but it is making me terribly nervous!

I have my driverโ€™s license test on Friday. Iโ€™m 23, going on 24 soon, and got my learnerโ€™s permit 7 years ago. Needless to say I havenโ€™t gotten 7 years worth of driving experience behind me because I donโ€™t have a car, I take the bus everywhere. But Iโ€™m in line for a promotion at work so I NEED transportation now beyond the bus for wider availability, so driverโ€™s license and car it is!

Taking the test itself isnโ€™t even the anxiety inducing part. That would be the fact that my district manager at my job is the one taking me to take the test, using HIS car. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ So now I have double pressure not to fail this test because heโ€™s taking time out of his schedule just for me because he wants to help move along my promotion. Iโ€™m so grateful for the help and beyond flattered that he wants me as a manager for his part of the company, but the pressure is REAL, lol.

Iโ€™ve been practicing in the cars of my workers for the past couple weeks so hopefully come Friday it wonโ€™t be a total disaster... Fingers crossed! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

@HunterKathleen I hope your test went amazing!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you! I did pass, so Iโ€™m officially a licensed driver!! ๐ŸŽ‰

Woohoo congrats @HunterKathleen ! And what awesome people you work with!

@HunterKathleen Congratulations! How exciting! 

Best,
Rebecca

Congrats, @HunterKathleen !! That's awesome news! 

Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@HunterKathleen Good luck!!!!

@treestar86 Now there is! Thanks for creating this post and feel free to talk it out or feel free to DM me.

Despite having a job, I'm still stuck at the point of not knowing what I want to do in life and anhedonia and imposter syndrome aren't helping either. May be time for me to go back to therapy. How do you deal with this?

I completely get that feeling. Iโ€™m 23, will be 24 in the fall. I got my Associates degree last May and itโ€™s been a year since I graduated, still no clue what I want my Bachelors in โ€” or what I want my career to be in general. I feel like I have no direction besides getting up every day and going to work my restaurant job...

I donโ€™t really have any advice for you because Iโ€™m stuck in the same place. But I feel you. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thank you for sharing @HunterKathleen ! I guess we gotta take one day at a time. At least waking up and going to work gives us non-zero days and maintains some sort of control in life 

Thatโ€™s true. Because even when I take my vacation time I go stir crazy, which is probably sad because I canโ€™t enjoy my time off. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But it keeps me busy until I DO find my direction.

Hope you're doing okay @treestar86 ! I know how it feels... things are pretty rough for me in my life right now. I'm surviving, but boy I wish some stuff could get a little easier.

Luckily the community here is very welcoming, accepting, and eager to reach out to help each other. Wishing you all the best.

crappy life/family siutation/issues

are you doing ok?? @treestar86

RE: crappy life/family siutation/issues

Well college sucks because i have no friends and all i have is Club Penguin Rewritten lol

Re: RE: crappy life/family siutation/issues

College was tough for me too. I waited a year after graduating high school to start college, and while all my friends from HS went off to fancy universities I was alone at the local community college. I made not one friend in 2 years of being there.

My recommendation is to look at slightly unconventional places for social stuff. If you have a Michaelโ€™s craft store or something similar near you, see if they offer weekly or monthly crafting classes! Iโ€™ve seen mine hold classes for knitting, painting, drawing... tons of stuff. You can pick up a new hobby and new friends at the same time.

Something I did as well was volunteer work. I started volunteering at the local humane society feeding, playing with, and cleaning up after kittens, and made some friends through there. Itโ€™s a win-win because you can meet new people AND help animals find homes!

Always try to remember local government positions, like Youth and Family Services, or the Library Committee, too! We have voices, and need to use them!

Always try to remember local government positions, like Youth and Family Services, or the Library Committee, too! We have voices, and need to use them!

RE: Re: RE: crappy life/family siutation/issues

Yeah Iโ€™m in a club that helps animals and try to make friends there.

@PeanutAnimals6 Is there a video game club or some club/events that interest you at your college? You might find some common interests there. Joining/forming study groups is also another way. But I understand how exhausting it is 

Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 99 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing