Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Your limit

So I was just on the nordstrom website looking at their exclusive beauty products and stumbled on a La Mer product that I seriously could not stop dropping my jaw at.

It was their Ultra Rich Moisturizing Cream, and it's $990.00!!

I mean, I know La Mer is very expensive, but $1000.00 on a moisturizer?!

I practically had a heart attack just looking at it!

So, I got to thinking, what is YOUR beauty budget?

What is the top dollar you would pay for one item?

Is it $60.00 for a beautiful dior palette?

Or is it $250.00 for a Sk-II cream?

Or is it even $990.00 for a La Mer moisturizer?

I think mine would be $95.00 for the Perricone MD Blue Plasma.

I'm not afraid to drop a good dime on an amazing beauty product, but what is the limit for you?!

Highlighted

Re: Your limit

Ergh, I hit a mental wall when a price hits about $60-75. If it's something AMAZING I might be able to convince myself to go little higher but not much. I have a really hard time going over $100. 

Is that the La Mer super size moisturizer that is usually $1400 but on sale right now? I think my jaw hit the floor the first time I saw that thing, hahaha. 

It was the 8.5oz jar so yes it was a super size lol.

I have a hard enough time getting through 8 oz of body lotion! Eek!

That's the craziest thing i've ever heard. $990 on a cream. Really. 

On Makeup i don't splurge, at least in my opinion. I find products that works great for me that are super affordable. I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and that is probably the most expensive makeup item i use, since i'm not an eyeshadow or Mascara person. Skin care is a different story. It's completely normal for me to spend $50-$85 on one product alone. I would be hesitant to purchase just one thing that's over $100. Unless it is a supersized product. But if i had recieved a samples and knew i liked it i would most likely purchase. I always make my higher priced items last and since i don't go through them fast that justifies the price for me. The Clarisonic was just a must have, no matter the price it's one of the best investments i've made for my skin! 

I agree! Skincare is the place to spend your big bucks! Makeup won't help make a difference in your skin, it only covers. Skincare changes. So I totally agree on spending more on skincare vs. makeup... although I do splurge on makeup... I'm just a junkie. What can I say? Smiley Tongue

For me, the most expensive single item I buy is my First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Serum at $44.  I pretty much won't pay more than $45-50 for any single item.  

After all, If I'm spending $45 on lots of items--serum, foundation, moisturizer, etc it adds up fast.  

Can't put a number on it, but I recently treated myself to a YSL lipstick.  $35 or so is the most I've paid for my lipsticks.  But, it's been SO worth it!

I bought 2 YSL lippies the other month and LOVE them. Great products. Now I just bought one of their powder blushes and surprisingly, it isn't my favorite Smiley Sad. I do love it, but not as much as others, because it has a very strong fragrance to it. But it's a beautiful color. Other than the strong fragrance, it's beautiful. They always go above and beyond with their gorgeous packaging.

I start to feel twitchy around the $50 mark.  I splurged on a Cle de Peau concealer stick ($70) because of all the insanely good reviews I'd heard.  It is a great concealer, but when I get down towards the bottom of it I'm going to test out some less expensive alternatives to see if it really is worth it!

"I start to feel twitchy".  SO perfect of a description!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats