Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Your drivers license/school ID photo

I just renewed my drivers license yesterday and made it a point to do it in person so I could retake my picture. The last picture I took had been unexpected and I had no chance to prepare. Fingers crossed this one will come out better.

How does yours look? Any good stories out there?

Re: Your drivers license/school ID photo

I should say, my school ID photo was great. I liked it a lot. But all other photos were bad. Recently I've passed a driving theory test after practicing by link  and receive a driving licence. And again my photo is not as good as I expected. Honestly, I thought I'm the only one, but having looked through this discussion, I see that most women are not satisfied with their photos 🙂

Bumping the thread with my ten year old college IDs. My FS ID is better. lol

IDs.JPG

Your college ID's look good. Mine looked terrible. I remember my college upgrading the cards and getting a new picture that was so zoomed on my face there was nothing else in the photo...no background, just my face. 

Well flip... my picture contains the expression equivalent to a 31-year-old who just got her license for the first time. 

Sigh... 

Putting an offer in on a place next week, if we get it (unlikely) and thus have a new (permanent) address my boyfriend told me to get it redone. Ha.

My passport photo could double as my prison shot if I ever go to prison.  My do photo looks amazing cause I got all made up to go for my test and got to choose which picture I wanted.   They were really nice:) 

I've actually posted my license photo before! Let me dig for it...

photo.JPG

That is a great Driver's License photo, malday! Wow!

I check ID's all day long, I work at a Credit Union, and it is VERY rare to see a good photo.

Wow! You look beautiful! Awesome DL pic!

Mine looks terrible! I was 18 and excited to get my license so that the local cops wouldn't have a reason to give me trouble(Yes, I know, driving without a license is bad). Arriving at the DMV half an hour before it opened thinking it would get me through pretty fast...NO. It took SIX gruesome hours of waiting in line JUST TO TAKE A PHOTO. Not even to take the driving test(which I had to schedule in another town because there weren't any openings for at least two months) In the end I look extremely pissed off in my license photo. Everyone is always telling me I look like my older brother when they see it /.-

It's crazy how rules are different in various states. I also am probably a lot older than you. But when I got my license, I didn't have to take a driving test. I took driver's ed when I was 15. Had to take it with the 14 year olds (woe is me!) because the cutoff for taking it was July 15 and my birthday is July 19. But I got a learner's permit at 14 before I took driver's ed. Got my first official license at 16 I think. 

We can get our permit @ 16(which for me wasnt worth the hassle with the curfews and rules) And then the official license @ 18. I got in a wreck 4 days for my 18th birthday so in the cops eyes it was automatically my fault the wreck happened even though the other person ran a stop sign. 

Don't even let me start on how crooked and stalkerish the law inforcment is here...

I got my permit at 14, license at 16. But that was in the good ol' days. 😉 I've never been in a wreck or a bad accident. My ex was driving and we hit a deer. Did over $10,000 worth of damage to our less than six month old car, but not enough to total it. Other than that, I've been incredibly lucky. *crossing my fingers it stays that way*

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I've seen my fair share of crooked law enforcement. Do you still live in that town? 😞

It completely totaled my brothers truck I was driving. Smacked my head and shoulder on the door and messed my back up for weeks because I tensed up and "turtled". No medical assistance was called but they did call the towing company in town to tow me which was going to cost me $400 to tow the truck 6 blocks to my friends house since I live half an hour away. Luckily my ex boyfriends dad runs that tow company and waved the charges:D 

Yes, Hopefully you never wreck because that was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I would never want anyone to have to go through that. 

Unfortunately yes I stayed in this tiny town because the pay is out of this world with the oil boom going on. 

Oh man! That sounds pretty awful. 

Not sure where the oil boom is, but it's great you're in a town with excellent pay! I desperately want to move out of my state, but my kids are not out of school yet. In my state, a parent cannot move their kids out of state without the other parent's permission. My ex will never allow it. So in 8 years when my youngest graduates, I plan to move out of the state, possibly out of the country. Luckily the company I work for is international and offices all over the world. So hopefully I can stay with my company because the benefits are pretty amazing. 

Oil is booming here in South Texas bordering Mexico and has moved up to Odessa. It amazes me how much the town I live in has changed in the last 5 years. 

I fully understand you not being able to move the kids. I have custody of my 3 nieces and 1 nephew. 4 kids at the age of 20 and I love those kids to death. I'm not able to move more than 1500 miles from my oldest sister.

Wow! Taking care of 4 kids at 20 must be incredibly challenging! Kudos to you for stepping up when needed. I had my kids pretty young. I turned 21 right after having my first child and 23 right after having my second. I'll still be relatively young when they graduate from high school. That's the silver lining. 😉

It is but so so rewarding. Ages 13, 11, 7, 5. Got them all a week before Christmas 2 years ago. The youngest is just like me from the attitude to the looks. She is going to be a hell raiser when she gets older lol. Thankfully I still have my parents and other siblings to help out with them especially when my schedule gets crazy at work. The oldest is only 4 1/2 years from graduating even now makes me a little sad because shes growing up so fast. 

You really do have your hands full! That's great you get some help from your family. That makes a world of difference. I lived in the same town as my parents for about 3 years when my kids were first born. It made a HUGE difference having them so close. 

I know we say it all the time, but it doesn't make it any less true - kids do grow up way too fast! My oldest is 12 1/2 and I swear it seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms and giving her a bottle. Now she's taller than I am and a beautiful young lady. 

Mini you sounds pretty cute! 🙂

I got my license the day I turned 16 and that picture was awesome! I loved that picture and when I finally was made to retake it I was heartbroken. 😞 But I still keep the old one in my wallet also just because 😃

Two days before my 28th birthday, I had LASIK.  I did it before my birthday (the day it expired), because I did not want four more years of vision correction required listed. I did not know that my eyes would be bloody and zombie like for the next week.  So, I had 4 years without vision correction required marked, but I also had zombie eyes in the picture for 4 years!!  I should have taken a picture of it before they collected it, but I think I was mortified enough anytime someone saw it and am glad that picture is retired.

30 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 37 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos2
  • photo.JPG
  • IDs.JPG