Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Workout gear/clothing that is worth the money?

Homer-Simpson-Funny-Workout-GIF-GymPaws-Gloves.gif

 Hello all! I have been working out & going to the gym for over a year now & just like my makeup obsession-I have developed a cute workout clothes obsession😬. I don't haul as makeup often because I'm on the hunt for the "best" pair, in my opinion at least. It's mainly leggings/shorts. And the biggest factor that I'm hunting is are they truly SQUAT proof. I hate it when you read reviews, do the research, buy them. And they are NOT squat proof. I order online mostly & they will accept returns...for store credit. So for the duds, I wear them on upper body day. Surely I can not be the only one who can appreciate cute workout clothes?!

images (1).jpeg

 Please share with me & others clothing lines that in your opinion are great. And maybe a 🤑scale. 1🤑for $35& under, 🤑🤑 for $65 & under,🤑🤑🤑 for $95 & under. I admit the most I paid were $ 92. They are beautiful & totally worth it. Any good Amazon finds?

Re: Workout gear/clothing that is worth the money?

@sonnydee- Don't know if you're still looking for workout clothes this spring, but one brand that might not be well-known outside of the healthcare community is Figs. I have both their underscrubs leggings and sports bra. (Both of which I only wear for exercise, not work.) They're currently around $68 for the leggings, but they seem to have sales about once a quarter. The material is a little heavier-weight, which may or may not be good for your climate, but I love that I've never had any issues with see-through tights when squatting, etc.

Haven't heard of them @anonymousgirl the material I probably could pull of during my "winter" months...I'm in Florida where it's hot pretty much year round. But I love it! 🤗Thanks for the recommendation 

I'm not happy with my body after the third baby. Of course, I will solve it with the help of a proper diet and regular workouts. Currently, I'm masking the problem zones with shapewear. Having checked these Gap reviews, I discovered this store offers a wide choice, so I found workout clothes there. I like it and feel more comfortable and confident when wearing it. Maybe my experience will be useful to someone else.

4 babies all c section so yea I get it. Still love my bodycon dresses & have found spanx at Target. Dont need help with my thighs or butt (I'm blessed 😉) so the high waist thong is a fave & at a good price for Spanx @Nortyl 

@sonnydee have you looked at Alo?  I little pricely but lots of colors to pick from.  Not just your basic black workout wear 

I haven't @CorgiMommy I'm at the I need to retire some (small holes appear even in the best ones 😲) to fit more in my drawer but will check them out. Thank you for the recommendation 😊

@CorgiMommy @sonnydee Love Alo and also Sweaty Betty. I always get them on sale. I have tops from them but haven’t tried their bottoms. 

For anyone that loves Lululemon, if you teach physical activity in any capacity, you might be able to sign up for the Sweat Collective to get discounts on their clothes. It can be almost any physical activity: dance choreographer, personal trainer, yoga instructor, gym teacher, swim coach, studio owner, athlete, etc…

I don't but that's really cool that they offer that @JoSometimes 

Didn't know that, thanks!

@sonnydee I really really like the ones from Popfit. They do not budge! And don't show things, plus their marketing is the best. Price wise about 50-60 a pair, but they are always doing deals. Like your first pair free just pay shipping. And right now they have buy one get 2 free. 

I want to try Fenty and Fabeletics or however that one is spelled. But I do not like they are subscription or else extremely expensive (to me). 

I love Fabletics! have a embarrassing amount of them & match with sports bras @Samtian but can't justify the subscription either. You can find nwt on sell apps like Poshmark or Mercari all the time 

I got some Lulu$!!! (I did the $ on purpose😂) I got the invigorate line because at that price I wanted pockets & black. I wore them on a arm day but hubs did say he didn't see anything when I dropped in a low squat to test out. They are REALLY comfortable & don't budge from the waist which I greatly appreciate it. And I noticed they even cinch my waist in. What girl wouldn't love that 😉😜I'm a medium in leggings & was able to stick with an 8. Will wear them on a vigorous leg day to really test them out. Thank you @SportyGirly125 @Kim888 for the recommendation!!!🖤🖤💋

Screenshot_20221112-174942.png

Yay glad to hear you are liking them @sonnydee !

@sonnydee @Glad you found something that works so far. 

@sonnydee I love Alo and Lululemon. I do a lot of squats and LuLulemon leggings Align and Wunder train are the best also for their shorts too.  I have the shorts in 6” and love them. They are so comfy and I washed them multiple times and they look brand new. 

I have looked at the Lululemon before but have had others tell me they were not worth the money. That was in the beginning of my journey, before I have had really experience in the different brands so will have to look at those again. Thanks @SportyGirly125 💪

@sonnydee @I agree with @SportyGirly125 @on lululemon. I almost feel like sometimes people don’t want them to be good because they are so expensive but they are really comfortable and mine have held up and aren’t sheer. 

i do think the 81%nylon ones are more comfortable and hold up better than the 69% ones. 

I'm looking at which ones to get @Kim888 @SportyGirly125 I got a booty with thick muscular thighs. Should I try the invigorate or the base? Or will align keep up with me..I mostly do hiit & weight train 🤔

@sonnydee @For hiit and weight train I recommend wunder train but you have to go up a size or two.  I haven’t tried invigorate.  Definitely don’t get align because they would be too thin. 

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 73 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos6
  • Homer-Simpson-Funny-Workout-GIF-GymPaws-Gloves.gif
  • images (1).jpeg
  • Screenshot_20221023-182926.png
  • Screenshot_20221023-191714.png
  • Screenshot_20221023-192010.png
  • Screenshot_20221112-174942.png