Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Workout gear/clothing that is worth the money?

Homer-Simpson-Funny-Workout-GIF-GymPaws-Gloves.gif

 Hello all! I have been working out & going to the gym for over a year now & just like my makeup obsession-I have developed a cute workout clothes obsession😬. I don't haul as makeup often because I'm on the hunt for the "best" pair, in my opinion at least. It's mainly leggings/shorts. And the biggest factor that I'm hunting is are they truly SQUAT proof. I hate it when you read reviews, do the research, buy them. And they are NOT squat proof. I order online mostly & they will accept returns...for store credit. So for the duds, I wear them on upper body day. Surely I can not be the only one who can appreciate cute workout clothes?!

images (1).jpeg

 Please share with me & others clothing lines that in your opinion are great. And maybe a 🤑scale. 1🤑for $35& under, 🤑🤑 for $65 & under,🤑🤑🤑 for $95 & under. I admit the most I paid were $ 92. They are beautiful & totally worth it. Any good Amazon finds?

Re: Workout gear/clothing that is worth the money?

Thanks have you tried the wunder train contour --  @SportyGirly125 ?

@sonnydee I only have wunder train high rise in the leggings and the shorts. 

@sonnydee If you are near an outlet mall, hit up the Nike, Adidas, New Balance, and Asics stores. I’ve always had the best success with those brands lasting a long time. When it comes to things being “squat proof,” the best advice I can give is size up on tight fitting things, like leggings and bike shorts/spandex, and shorts should hit about mid thigh. Workout attire isn’t something I’m willing to go cheap on, I need what I wear to be durable, confortable, and functional because I am an excessive sweater hahaha. But, I do love a good deal which is why I go for the outlet stores haha. Macy’s also frequently has good sales on active wear. 

Target actually has some pretty decent quality stuff. I’d recommend checking out Target for more athleisure/yoga gear. 

I do live near outlets & do have some Nike wear & you are right they do last for years.. I like them -but wanted to branch out. My first brand I tried out was Born Primitive. Loved the look of the textured leggings. I'm like you, sweat a lot-legs day wear dark colors😂 I'm meso body type & have found if I try to go larger-  they don't fit my waist right. Will have to check out Target

Screenshot_20221023-182926.png

@alexasteph 

@sonnydee Have you tried Virus? I haven't used them but my bf used to be a powerlifter and he wore those often. They lasted a while even though he would just throw them in the washing machine. Shorts are around $35-50, compression leggings $75 or so. They sometimes have really good sales so you can keep an eye out. I've had good luck with Zella and Target All in Motion, I don't think I've ever had an issue with transparency. 

There's a girl on TikTok that actually tests out leggings for "squat-proofness" using a pair of cat underwear lol her name is serenaneel, she has playlist called "Cover the Kitty" with tons of videos 

Screenshot_20221023-191714.png

Screenshot_20221023-192010.png

I haven't tried Virus.. but will check them out my last 2 purchases have been Alphalette & Nvgtn after seeing them around a lot on girls with thicker thighs. Loved the Alphalette not so much the Nvgtn.  I do want to shape my booty more so I do a lot of deadlifts, squats, lunges, etc. The tiktok girl is exactly what I need to check out does she only do tiktok? @makeitup305 🐱 love it! Thanks so much

My gateway leggings that were my first purchases & still are great to this day but sadly, they changed about a year ago..Victoria Secret. Loved them, thick enough to keep everything in😏, squat proof. Pockets. Now I feel like they are thinner material so they began my hunt...

Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 73 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos6
  • Homer-Simpson-Funny-Workout-GIF-GymPaws-Gloves.gif
  • images (1).jpeg
  • Screenshot_20221023-182926.png
  • Screenshot_20221023-191714.png
  • Screenshot_20221023-192010.png
  • Screenshot_20221112-174942.png
testing