Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Will Sephora ever carry high end products for dogs?

i love to splurge on my dog's beauty products, i think it would be so cool if Sephora sold high end dog shampoo, conditioners, sprays , hair bows and other accessories,  i would definitely upgrade to Rouge status in about 6 months. Smiley Very Happy

Re: Will Sephora ever carry high end products for dogs?

I work in a vet clinic and I have honestly never ever ever heard this before.  I think that is too much of a niche for sephora to carry, I don't think that many people use high end products on their dogs.

i guess it depends on where you live, places like NYC people spend a lot on doggie spa's and outfits etc. they actually have pup scout meeting in central park where dogs get a chance to earn badges LOL , it's so cute they wear uniforms and everything. Smiley Very Happy

I guess but isn't that what specialty boutiques are for?  Why would Sephora carry that stuff when there are doggie boutique owners who devote all their attention to that sort of thing. 

between boutique visits (which is usually 5 -6 weeks between appointments) some people like to do their own dog grooming especially if you have a Shih tzu  or any other breed that's prone to matting, i like to keep my dog's fur soft and smelling like he just left the groomers and i don't mind paying more for his products, and i know i'm not the only one because in the U.S  stats show that consumers spend 6.2 billion dollars on pet grooming/ products alone. i just think it would be nice to be able to grab some stuff for my dog whenever i'm at Sephora.

By boutiques I meant shops, not groomers.  I'm sure if there are so many dog people in NYC there are dozens if not hundreds of specialty dog shops.  And I'm sure there is one within walking distance of any Sephora.  So there is no need in my eyes to have Sephora carrying it.  If you are going to have them start carrying specialty dog stuff, then why not speciality baby stuff, or specialty car stuff?  

Just because you like something doesn't mean every store has to carry it.

We don't have any doggie spas near us, but we did set up our own kitty gym....

I keep warning one of my chubby kitties that he's going to join me on the treadmill so we can both lose some jiggle Smiley Wink

I thought a picture of my chubby-bubba on a trampoline might help keep the mood light...that worked about as well as putting a fat cat on a trampoline to help him lose weight....

@quixotic - I Love the At Home Kitty Gym!! The picture was great and I thought it might lighten things up too. You did your best to help ease the tension - you get an "A" for effort and super-cuteness too. Smiley Happy

Your cat, on the other hand.......I think the jury's still out on that one.

He would steal your heart, I guarantee it.  He is the most determined flirt I ever saw. He could give 2 figs for a man, but let a woman walk into the room and he's immediately on his back doing his "I'm so cute" routine. Women are powerless against him....

I love a lovey cat, I'd be so sad if I had a stand-offish cat.

It sounds like he's a real Feline Ladies Man, I think I really would be unable to resist him.

Is his name really Bubba? Or is that just a nickname when he's your little big Chubby-Bubba? I'd love to see a pic of his little/big face.

What a great idea. Smiley Happy

I'm going to pick my words carefully as not to offend pet owners.

While I understand that people spend a lot of money on their dogs, if Sephora (or another beauty retailer) were to start stocking animal products alongside human products, I would immediately stop spending money with that retailer for hygienic reasons.

Pet retailers allow animals in their stores. I have a hard enough time dealing with testers in Sephora stores if animals and their products were also in-store, it's too much for my germaphobe mind to deal with.  I would never want to wonder if someone's animal had sniffed my beauty products, for example.

While pet owners love their pets, I don't love your pet sniffing products that go on my face.  And that's exactly where we'd end up if Sephora stocked dog items.

i never suggested that Sephora become pet friendly, just pet product friendly. Smiley Happy i don't see the hygiene risk .

I understand that you and I have fundamentally different points of view on this.  That's the great point of BT.

I'll let someone else discuss the hygiene issues of animals being around beauty products for sale.

As for the distinction between pet product friendly and pet friendly, I urge you to consider the following:  You state that Sephora should be targeting the demographic that wants luxury pet products.  How many of the retailers that cater to that demographic don't allow animals in their stores? One usually follows the other, in my experience, and I've lived in multiple large cities.

grocery stores sell pet products and pet food and they are very strict with their no pets allowed rule. it hasn't been an issue, people still buy their pet food. And i see no reason why it wouldn't be the same in Sephora, a consumer doesn't have to test products on their pet in the store, they can simply buy it and if for some reason they aren't happy return it, just like we're allowed to return anything else we buy from Sephora. Smiley Happy

I agree with you 100%.

i also feel like it would take away any feeling of luxury I feel personally when shopping there. 

I dunno about luxury... Pretty sure my cats stuff overall has cost more than mine! Lol! Smiley Wink

idk  the high end  doggie shampoos and conditioners etc  are packaged really nice. Smiley Happy

I agree with you too.

While I understand some people like to pamper their pets as if they were their babies, I don't think it is appropriate for Sephora to carry high end pet products. It would completely take away from the luxury feel for me, and I also don't think it's hygienic. 

Considering majority of pet stores allow pets in the store, I don't see this sitting well with many Sephora customers. I know tasha you mentioned grocery stores, but think about actual pet-centered stored...they mostly all allow pets in there.

It would also split the clientele and the goals of Sephora, which would be hard to manage as a business.

On a personal note, I can't stand the smell of a lot of pet stuff, and I'd avoid Sephora like the plague if they carried it. 

well yeah pet centered stores are gonna allow pets, but if you shop at Walmart , Target or Old Navy you are buying your products alongside dog products, these places don't allow pets and therefore there hasn't been any pet related hygiene issues. if someone is shopping in anyone of these stores those who don't own a pet or don't spend much on their pet tend to ignore the pet products, i personally think high end pet products will add to the luxury of Sephora more than likely the only ones who would notice are those of us who spend that kind of money on our pets.

Not to split hairs, but the title of this thread is "high end products" and in your post you mentioned the phrase "high end" multiple times.

Walmart, Target, Old Navy, and the grocery store are not high end retailers. I think there's a false comparison being drawn here.

because the subject of hygiene keeps coming up as a concern so i have to use those stores as an example . what i'm suggesting in my post has not been done before so i can not give an example of that.

my point is that packaged dog products don't nor have they ever contaminated a store.lol

181 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • no.gif
  • frozenletitgo.gif
  • IMG_20140503_191318.JPG
  • YSB.jpg
  • salonPhoto.jpg
  • images (1).jpg
  • download.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 5.32.58 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 5.40.05 PM.png