Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Where do you store your make-up?

Bedroom, bathroom, fridge?

I keep mine in one of those clear acrylic cases with the drawers on the bathroom counter... I guess I've always wondered in the back of my mind if that's unhealthy for the make-up itself.

Re: Where do you store your make-up?

Gorgeous!!!! 

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Love, love, LOVE this, CalamityJane! I've been on the hunt for a vintage vanity and I've yet to find one that doesn't sit low and require a super low seat... this looks like the perfect height! Smiley Happy

I agree, that's one of the things I kept running into. I don't really get their thinking when that was in style. Now I am on the hunt for a antique velvet ladies chair to go with it!

The same thing they were thinking when they stuck their heads into boxes to get blasted with radiation, which was a very popular beauty treatment at the time. XD

I know this is bad, but I keep my makeup on the floor. I like sitting on the floor when I do my makeup because I'm pretty close to the mirror.

Untitled.jpg

This was so me!!! And this is how I taught my niece. On the floor, close to the mirror Smiley Happy

Omgosh!! This reminds me of when I was in high school! Right there in front of the 'door legnth' mirror on the wall, sitting with my little drawer of makeup!! Brings back memories....and makes me want to start again! Smiley Wink

I have been putting on my makeup while sitting on the floor for years!  I am really nearsighted and I don' t put my lenses in until I am finished my makeup.  Just is so much easier for me to sit on the floor and hold my mirror as close as I need to!

Will have to clean up because right now it seems like my makeup is EVERYWHERE! 

Mine too... My vanity is out of control... I have noticed it is starting to creep into other areas of the house.  Lotions and hair cremes and glosses have been straying away :*D 

Check your purse and car!!! I have to bring in things from the car and empty my purse at least once a week... by Saturday my shoulder is always killing me from all the extra weight!!!  GEEZ!!!!  As soon as I get cleaned up I want to share a pic but right now you couldn't see what was what! LOL Soooooo bad. 

haha my hubby picks up my bag, and will say "GOOD GRIEF what is in here?"

I say "girl stuff"-and then whisper- " and makeup" Smiley Very Happy A lady doesn't want to be unprepared now do we??? Now in my defense my purse is rather heavy all on its own, but i'm used to it... I have a strong left arm/shoulder lol

After my horrible experience with my large acrylic case I decided I needed a break from acrylic… (although I still like and use my 2 Muji drawers)

(http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/I-m-SO-upset-right-now-b2bitems-on-ebay-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THE...

My husband bought me the alex nine drawers as part of my christmas present. I really like them. Lots of space and easy to find items. I have a drawer at the bottom that has a box of items for another TSB

photo-159 2.jpg

I love the Alex, it hold everything for me... well sort of... I am still organizing it Smiley Happy

yazmin, I saw the cutest blog post where the lady MADE little organizing slots for her lipsticks and blush, etc… It looks awesome. 

I'm lazy and bought organizers

Me too! I bought them from the dollar tree and spray painted them gold because they were metal I was only able to find 3 black and the rest gray... but I saw it and I made one.... but I have some thicker lipsticks and I made it bigger.... in the end it was amazing but the thinner lipsticks were dancing in the slots... so I threw it out. it took me a whole day too...

I need the Alex in my life! Unfortunately, I live over 4 hours from the closest Ikea and shipping is $200! I tihk. I'll end up getting one this year... I just have to find the ambition to make the long journey.

lb1414 the closest ikea is 3.5 hours from me. My husband timed it so that we would be flying into the airport in the same city to pick it up. I wish there was an ikea within a half hr from me.

If you don't mind it being used, check Craigslist. I got the 5 drawer plus the matching shelf for $40, only cosmetic issue being the lady's daughter had put a sticker on front, nothing some Goo Gone won't fix.

Lucky find! I do check Craigslist occasionally, but nothing so far. :/

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos29
  • 20131022_124830.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_3678720345740720357.jpg
  • upload_3031926845127515459.jpg
  • upload_5026200434312012183.jpg
  • c93eb3e4-5df8-4d91-9365-65e724df9193_320.jpg
  • 359919_1.jpg