Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What scares you?

With Halloween almost here, what scares you? Or do you have a phobia? Have you done or attempted anything to overcome your fear?

I have bathmophobia (fear of stairs). I have no problem at the bottom but looking down from the top is another story. Also related is escalaphobia (fear of escalators) which is even worse because it's moving stairs. I don't know where this fear came from but I read that if you have some weird fear (my mom is terrified of being buried alive), it's because that's how you died in a past life.

Re: What scares you?

@Ispend2much6 the elevator is my best friend 🤣

You guys this thread scares me! 😂 I am scratching like a crazy person right now thinking about all the critters and insects lurking! I despise those insanely fast centipedes with furry gazillions of legs , any spider ( except maybe @lmaster ‘s variety!), crickets, silverfish , lizards, bees you name it! @Ispend2much6  I would have searched my house all day and night for that thing! Give me a sweet 🐞 ladybug any day! 

@Sunnysmom yeah .. You think those ladybugs are sweet until they bite you 😆

I’ve never had that happen @lmaster … yet!

Ohhhh @Sunnysmom live in the middle of corn fields,,, when they start to cut the corn,, it is an evasion of lady bugs,, I thought,, oh my daughter would love to play with these,,, she wasn't touching them 5 minutes and one bit her

You know what’s funny @lmaster ?! I did grow up around them in Illinois too! 🤗😄 I was never good at that kind of stuff tho 🙄🥰 shocking I’m sure! 😂

Hundreds, thousands of those suckers fly all over @Sunnysmom uughhhh

So sad and gross @lmaster , I used to think this was the best of any bugs lol! Time to rethink or maybe I blocked it out from my childhood days?! 

@Sunnysmom yep! I just stick to the sketti spiders 🤣

Me too @lmaster !! Baby steps! 

@Sunnysmom  Ladybugs buzz and fly near you though; they're bad too!  Nature is meant to be outside, that's for sure.

Oh no really @Ispend2much6?! I’ve not had that happen! So now I have to watch out for them too?! 😭 Right now I’m trying to dodge the silly mosquitos that we seldom have here. Super dooper. 

@Sunnysmom  I just mean that they're unpleasant if you don't like buzzing bugs.  But those imposter ladybugs multiply more quickly than regular ones, and stink if you squash them.  I forget their real name.

@Crazy4Sephora1   Ceiling spiders.  Oh and cougars.   We have a lot of cougar activity on our mountain and it’s my worst fear to be attacked by one.  

Thunderstorms. I get absolutely terrified. I am over 40 and will hide in the closet with my two terrified cats.

Oh and centipedes.... I can handle all sorts of poisonous creatures but centipedes! I turn into a hysterical screaming maniac throwing everything around me at the wall. Just to watch the evil thing go into a heat vent or down the drain. 

Luckily the current place I live doesn’t have them... at least that I’ve seen.

@Weetart   I love thunderstorms but centipedes are just evil.   Like why does nature think anything needs that many legs?  

@Weetart. I saw my first indoor centipede about a month ago. I was napping in our recliner and I woke up to see one on the arm of the chair! I screamed and flicked it off and then we lost it. Two days later we wete in the kitchen and that thing scurried across the floor! They are really fast and repulsive.

@Ispend2much6   I don’t think I’d be okay knowing it was in there.   I’m anxious just reading you lost it.  

@heartsmyface  Oh, believe me, I didn't sit in that chair for a couple of days, and didn't nap in it either.  Some things either find their own way out, or die and are never found again. I guess that doesn't say much for my cleaning habits!

Cougars?  Now there's some nightmare feed.  One day one of my family members came home and saw what looked like a large cat with a long tail resting under our car- as it walked away we realized it was a bobcat!  Seemed friendly. lol

Should we talk about poisonous snakes now? 

@Ispend2much6 Ahhhh we have bobcat visits!   I’m not afraid of them cause they don’t eat humans and their tails are just precious!!!    These were from February 23rd a few blocks up the street 🙂   Haha, no thanks to the poisonous snakes!   

C9766483-9DF9-486F-8E72-871312018EBF.jpeg

8197131D-90C7-41B9-A6C9-9FCD9C8E8A55.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Pretty!  Here's our little friend.  It's kind of blurry, but the long ears and tail were different from other cats, and the body was more square.  I think there are different types of bobcats; ours are the Eastern variety.

Then again, maybe it's just a well-fed cat. 🙂

1603295177159.jpg

Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • upload_7602801869890266912.jpg
  • tumblr_inline_nbho4tHc571qlt0ws.gif
  • tumblr_inline_n971efVftZ1qazf3y.gif
  • tumblr_inline_mygtczQ1mA1r3zat8.gif
  • C9766483-9DF9-486F-8E72-871312018EBF.jpeg
  • 8197131D-90C7-41B9-A6C9-9FCD9C8E8A55.jpeg
  • 1603295177159.jpg
  • EEFD7E60-016E-4FF5-953B-82FEBE52F781.jpeg
  • luna road.jpg
  • luna basil 1.jpg
  • luna basil 2.jpg
  • IMG_20210607_092612030.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00-37-05 Beware the joro spider Scientists say the giant, but harmless, arachnid is spreading.png
  • Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00-35-18 Beware the joro spider Scientists say the giant, but harmless, arachnid is spreading.png
testing