Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What scares you?

With Halloween almost here, what scares you? Or do you have a phobia? Have you done or attempted anything to overcome your fear?

I have bathmophobia (fear of stairs). I have no problem at the bottom but looking down from the top is another story. Also related is escalaphobia (fear of escalators) which is even worse because it's moving stairs. I don't know where this fear came from but I read that if you have some weird fear (my mom is terrified of being buried alive), it's because that's how you died in a past life.

Re: What scares you?

OMG. I would have freaked the hell out. I thought I had a tick once and almost had a panic attack!

Anonymous Insider

Oh gosh you must've lived in the woods like me. Aren't they the worst?

• spiders
  • checking my grades
  • checking my bank account

Also I find it SO IRONIC that the fear of long words is known as hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia 😄

Anonymous Insider

lol. and omg I know what you mean about the bank account. The transition point from going to working a retail job at WalMart to getting as much OT as possible at the next (pseudo-admin/hospitality) I developed a sickness reflex to checking our balance. I'm better now but every once in a while when we buy something big like a tv or bed I get flashbacks. Being an adult sucks yo, you never forget that struggle.

Anonymous Insider

Being snake bitten, and tornados. I feel like these are just fears since they were daily issues where I grew up.

Terrified of dying old and alone. I am married and have children and I desperately want to keep it that way.

I'm terrified of sharks. So terrified I won't even dip my toe in the water. My dad showed me JAWS at a very young age and it has stuck with me.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • upload_7602801869890266912.jpg
  • tumblr_inline_nbho4tHc571qlt0ws.gif
  • tumblr_inline_n971efVftZ1qazf3y.gif
  • tumblr_inline_mygtczQ1mA1r3zat8.gif
  • C9766483-9DF9-486F-8E72-871312018EBF.jpeg
  • 8197131D-90C7-41B9-A6C9-9FCD9C8E8A55.jpeg
  • 1603295177159.jpg
  • EEFD7E60-016E-4FF5-953B-82FEBE52F781.jpeg
  • luna road.jpg
  • luna basil 1.jpg
  • luna basil 2.jpg
  • IMG_20210607_092612030.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00-37-05 Beware the joro spider Scientists say the giant, but harmless, arachnid is spreading.png
  • Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00-35-18 Beware the joro spider Scientists say the giant, but harmless, arachnid is spreading.png
testing