cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

What a beautiful meal! I hope you had an amazing time with family and a very happy day 🍀💚 @Cissy63 

@peculiarzmakeup  Thank you very much 😃.  We had a good time. 💚

How spectacular is that! @Cissy63 That's a beautiful meal and a special treat for your family. 💚😍 

@CynthieLu  Aww thank you 😃

@Cissy63 @Looks amazing!

@SportyGirly125  Thank you very much 😀

St. Patrick’s Day Meals!

A “green” lunch which consisted of spinach fried rice and Tortang Talong (Tagalog for eggplant omelette) garnished with greeen onions and gochujang aioli. The inside of an eggplant is sort of green, so I consider it a win!
IMG_9563.jpeg

And for dinner, corned beef sisig. It’s essentially corned beef hash with onion and green pepper (because I didn’t have any spicy peppers on hand) pan fried until crispy, then seasoned with black pepper and lemon (because I didn’t have calamansi aka Philippine lemon on hand. I’m such a bad Filipino…) garnished with garlic aioli and sriracha hot sauce and served over steamed rice. 
Essentially, a Filipino twist on an Irish dish using a product of Brazil and made in Canada. Very international!

IMG_9571.jpeg

@JoSometimes Both dishes look tasty, colourful and delicious. They sound very flavourful. 💚

Thank you @Mellmars1185! They weee fun to put together! 😊

@JoSometimes, this is the first I've heard of Tortang Talong - it sounds delicious. I will have to see if the Filipino restaurants near here serve it; would love to experience the flavors as they should be before I would even think to try to make it myself. 

@itsfi It’s nice and hearty without being too heavy. I hope you’re able to try some flavours of the Philippines too. 

@JoSometimes, that sounds good. I've had chicken adobo (yum!!!) and lumpia many times, along with longsilog. I tried kare-kare earlier this year and it was delicious. Looking forward to trying Tortang Talong one day.

These both look so tasty and flavorful. I hope you had an amazing day and enjoyed it all 🍀💚 @JoSometimes 

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup! They were both yummy. I need to make them again. 

Both of these sound really good @JoSometimes ( Eggplant in your eggs? That's something I would try! ) I have strong Irish roots in my family, sooooo corned beef hash is something I've had alot of in my life, your twist on this sounds amazing!

@CynthieLu You can omelette almost anything! I have seen a cheesy variation that I’ve been drying to try but keep forgetting to get some. 

Corned beef and other canned meats have  a strong Filipino connection too but mostly because of colonization. American soldiers would trade locals their canned rations for fresh food and the Filipinos would find ways to cook with it. 

Cheese and Eggplant? I can't picture these two together but cheese is good on everything right? 😉 Lol.

That's a history I never knew about Corned Beef @JoSometimes. 😮

@JoSometimes  Love you international St Patrick’s Day dishes 💚💚.  They look 😋 

Thank you @Cissy63! They were both yummy! I need to make them again. 

Disneyland Pineapple/Strawberry dole whip

IMG_2452.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 ,

Wish that I was there! 

10,864 Replies
testing