cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@SportyGirly125 😒 I saw more than enough of it lol.

@SportyGirly125, love lox! These look delicious.

@itsfi @They were so good. 

@SportyGirly125   Yum!!  Everything looks fresh and homemade.

@Ispend2much6 @It was really good. We are going to try to make them at home. 

@SportyGirly125 Smoked salmon is so delicious! All of that looks so yummy!

@JoSometimes @It really was. 

@SportyGirly125 Wow - That looks delicious! Do I see smoked salmon over herbed cream cheese and a bagel and ontop of avacodo toast? How did you enjoy it?

@Mellmars1185 @My husband had the bagel one and it had caper berries in it. I had the avocado toast. He said he liked his. My was so full of flavor and was delicious. 

@SportyGirly125 Serves me right for coming to this thread hungry, daaaaang that looks good. I'm big time jelly right now 😍

@CynthieLu @It was so good.

A batch of chicken noodle soup made in my Instapot @heartsmyface . I only had small pasta shells but I usually throw in orzo made al dente.

Sending virtual soup to all of those recovering from any sort of illness that needs it 🥰. For veggies I added some garden veggies from a very generous neighbor. Kale, swiss card, celery, carrots and spinach. I also added some onion that I purchased.

1000005524.jpg

@Mellmars1185, the weather has finally started to cool down here and your soup looks so warm and yummy! Love the garden veggies you included. I can taste the goodness through your photo. 

@itsfi Thank you very much. I ended up with a lot of leftovers and it is handy to heat up a bowl. I forgot to mention that I bought some small buns at the bakery to eat with the soup. It is cold and rainy here. I wasn't able to go to my Thanksgiving dinner. So I am thankful to have the leftovers.

Oh, I'm sorry you couldn't go to your Thanksgiving dinner @Mellmars1185! Your leftovers sound so warm and cozy. Perfect for the fall.

@Mellmars1185 That looks hearty and comforting. Insta-pots and slow cookers are so handy. I need to use mine more often. 

Thank you @JoSometimes . It is quite an easy meal to make in it. I used it to make stew and chili too ☺️

It's been so cold and rainy, that looks perfect for the season @Mellmars1185 🍂🧡

@CynthieLu Thank you very much. I even gave some to my neighbor who gave me the majority of the veggies. I hope she liked it. I think I may have to freeze the rest because there are going to be leftovers this weekend 😉

@Mellmars1185   Looks yummy!  How did you get the broth to be so yellow?  That always seems to be a sign of a good chicken soup.

10,829 Replies
testing