cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Whoa @blackkitty2014 you’ve outdone yourself yet again! This looks sooo good! 😋

@blackkitty2014 yummy 😋 looks spicy 😲🧨

@blackkitty2014 This looks mouth watering! 

@blackkitty2014  dang that looks soooo good!

@blackkitty2014, I’m happy to do a taste test if it helps you perfect your recipe. 😊 This looks amazing! 😋 

Thx you @SportyGirly125 @Ispend2much6 @itsfi . I’m pretty happy with end results in both.

@blackkitty2014  Kudos to you; fried chicken is hard to do right!  Looks perfect, as does the salsa!

@blackkitty2014 @Looks yummy. 

Here's what my breakfast looked like this morning. May not look appealing but it taste incredible 😋

DB6C58B5-FAAC-4669-86AE-F8A5DF426F4D.jpeg

@AMK721 it looks pretty good indeed! 😋😋

@AMK721 I also had a smoothie this morning!

@Mellmars1185  we're breakfast twins lol

@itsfi  @blackkitty2014  @Ispend2much6  @SportyGirly125 
It's a smoothie - I make one when I don't really feel like eating, but I know I need something in my stomach. I always use the same base ingredients which are: 1 scoop of Vitals Proteins collagen, 1 scoop of french vanilla egg white protein powder, 1/2 T of chia seeds, 1/2 T of milled flax seed. Added to that today I used - 1/2 a frozen banana, 1/2 an apple, 5 strawberries, 4 inch piece of cucumber with skin, about 1-1/2 cups of fresh kale, juice of a whole lemon, about 1/2 c of ice and enough almond milk to get things moving in the blender (if I guess it would probably be around 3/4 c). Blend blend blend.

When I go to make a smoothie, I look through my fridge and throw in any fruit that looks like it's on it's last leg and always make sure at least half my blender is vegetable like cucumber, kale, spinach, or cabbage.

@AMK721, your smoothie sounds yummy! I've never included collagen or protein powder in my green smoothies, but may give it a try - I need to get back into making smoothies again for my breakfast during the work week 

@AMK721, a smoothie or shake? What did you include in it?

@AMK721 @What’s in it?

@AMK721  Looks like a smoothie.  What did you put in it?

I believe it and it looks super healthy too @AMK721 

New cooking experience- making old-fashioned tapioca pudding with the large tapioca pearls instead of the instant pearls I usually use.  A couple of scrambled egg pieces in there, but okay.  Next time I'll use less milk.

tapioca.jpg

@Ispend2much6, yay for new cooking experiences! 😀 I don’t think I’ve ever had tapioca pudding before. Will have to give it a try. 

@itsfi  It's yummy; vanilla pudding with a little bit to it.

10,864 Replies
testing