Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Are you absolutely sure that it was you?

This was last nights dinner. I got the recipe from a friend who called it "crunch salad" it consists of shredded cabbage, toasted raman noodles and almond slices, with a olive oil red wine vinaigrette dressing.

DSCN0792.JPG

This looks great, knuevekm! It actually reminds me of a salad my mom used to make when I was growing up! Do you have a recipe by any chance? 

<3, Randee

Tonight I made meatloaf with organic beets in it (again), but this time I used golden beets. Other ingredients consist of grass-fed beef, organic mushrooms, nitrate-free bacon, and salt and pepper.

Even though you can see some yellow bits in the meatloaf, you can't taste the beets at all!

beet-meatloaf-2-22-2015bEDIT - Copy.jpg

Delicious! I'm still licking my chop after that yummy dinner. Smiley Happy seriously, I love your dishes. I need to copy from you Divwa. 

Tonight we had taco soup and berry-kiwi fruit salad. The taco soup cooked all day in a slow cooker and contains pretty much what would be in a taco, minus any cheese or tortilla.

taco-soup-3-4-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

fruit-salad-3-4-2015EDIT - Copy.jpg

Yum! Yum! Yum! I'm home now so i run over now Smiley Happy

It's has been awhile since I have posted here! So tonight I am posting two meals. 

My dinner: pasta, ground pork, asparagus with a little bit of olive oil. It looks like mostly ground pork, but it is just covering up all the pasta.

My dessert: apple slices with peanut butter, heavy on the peanut butter Smiley Wink

My dinner.png

My man's dinner: homemade sausage pizza (the crust was not homemade)

My man's dessert: chocolate chip and pecan cookies

His dinner.png

Yum yum yum! And kudos for going heavy on the PB!

Made this LCHF Pizza today ( the crust is LCHF. Topping is my usual stuff  that is LCHF on its own as it is. )

Not sure I like the crust... But, the topping is to die for!

LCHF Pizza.jpg

Plus, new batch of homemade larabars. Mr. Husband says they taste like chocolate ( when I gave him this to try for the first time, he thought it was a chocolate. ). Mission accomplished! Smiley Happy

Homemade larabars.jpg

That pizza looks soooo delicious. Might need that recipe Smiley Wink LOL

Today for lunch I had a salad containing chopped radicchio, kale leaf, parsley, jicama and dried currants. I massaged some lemon-infused olive oil into the radicchio and kale greens before adding the other ingredients. I used one small blood orange for some sweetness and then some raw sauerkraut juice for some sourness. Topped everything off with diced leftover maple-glazed ham.

lunch-salad-4-8-2015EDIT - Copy.jpg

I love lettuces, salad and green. I can eat them any time, all the time. You always know how to make a beautiful plate and yummy too. Smiley Happy

smoked salmon sushi burrito with wasabi guacamole!

Did you make this yourself? I'd love a recipe or how it was all put together!

Today I got me going a raw kale salad--but the kale has been massaged with cashew & olive oil dressing so it's nice and soft and not prickly the way kale can be. So, kale, cashew dressing with whole cashews and cucumbers and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper. It's so good !!

image.jpg

Cashewsssssssssss

*drool*

For dinner we had some meatloaf with some sauted slivered chard and some sliced mango. The meatloaf had shredded carrots and diced mushrooms in it (along with grass-fed ground beef). This is pretty much the same recipe I used several months ago that had shredded beets in it, but I substituted the beets with carrots.

carrot-meatloaf-5-11-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

Yummy! I bring some fresh cherries from our garden Smiley Happy I forgot to take picture Smiley Sad This year is the first year we didn't got all the cherries stolen by the birds Smiley Happy

You guys just reminded me that I didn't take out anything for dinner. Whoops!

Oh shucks!!!! Smiley Tongue

3,026 Replies