cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Thank you for sharing @Ispend2much6 !!! I’ve seen this  at Whole Foods and always considered it so I’ll definitely pick it up next time! That looks really good ! 

@Kim888. Yep that's where I found it! The eggs look scrambled because I pored the broth over them but got scared about salmonella so I microwved the soup afterwards.

This looks so warm and comforting, @Ispend2much6!

@quspork. It really was! The box is supposed to be 2 servings but it fed 3 well. I found out the company ships directly!

Easy dinner tonight: fish croquettes with air-fried sweet potato and salad.

20230131_180742.jpg

Enjoy your dinner, it looks great!

I've never tried fish croquettes but it sounds yummy, and easy to prepare @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1 This looks delicious and healthy. I have not tried fish croquettes. Now i want to!

@Mellmars1185 My mom used to make salmon or tuna croquettes with canned fish frequently when I was growing up and I guess it's always just been a quick and easy entree because it takes a grand total of about 15 minutes from start to finish.  I usually mix the fish with egg, panko/bread crumbs, spices, and some finely chopped veggies so it's stuff that I pretty much always have on hand.

Beautiful plating job @CookieGirl1 

Spaghetti with cheese and tomatoes. I love eating spaghetti with different toppings. Of course, I try not to eat during this time, as I follow my figure and health. I even take vitamins fromhttps://www.canadapharmacy.com/ a to feel good and to make my skin look good. But as soon as I smell spaghetti, I can't help myself

@dinadore Mmm spaghetti. Lately, i have been cooking my pasta al dente in salted water and it is soo good.

Yum! Spaghetti is a classic 🍝 😁 @dinadore 

You can never go wrong with spaghetti, @dinadore!

I think so ...

We have a kitchen mystery, and I thought that maybe, with all of our brain power in this thread, we could solve it.

Last week, we saw something tiny on our kitchen ceiling, which is 9-10 feet tall.  It was located near our kitchen light.

I thought it might be a spider sac.  My husband climbed onto a chair and brought it down. 

It was a grain of rice. A perfectly formed, dry grain of rice.  That had to be wet when it reached the ceiling in order to be able to stick.

I'm not a wild cook.  The last time we had rice was over a week ago.  It was a skillet dish. 

I'm kind of afraid to ask this, but what kind of critter would be likely to leave the rice on the ceiling??? 

@Ispend2much6 Hmm... rice on the ceiling... is it possible that it got flung up there when washing dishes or cooking?!? I have splatters of things in my kitchen and I think how did that get there? Lol

I definitely think it got flung @Ispend2much6 but oh that would be so wierd to see in your own kitchen 😅

Yes  I think you have the right things to do...

Omg, lol! I think it must have somehow gotten flicked up there! @Ispend2much6 🤣🤣🤣

Oh really you I don't think so ...

@sister13   I really hope so...

10,829 Replies
testing