Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Please pass me a plate!

Today was a good day..

We had crab for dinner and now I'm watching Gilda...plus, I didn't even have to use my AK.

Today was a good day.

My dad has a friend that goes crabbing and fishing (same guy that gave us that huge chunk of salmon meat.) and he is a wonderful man! (He also kills them and cleans them for us!)

I discovered the easiest way to cook them.

Crab Recipe

Spoiler

After they're cleaned & boiled, rinse them off and start breaking off legs.

I use a pelon (a mortar and pestle? the baton part) and I crack the shells along the edges, removing any smaller shards of shell.

In a large pan (med. heat), I put about 3 to 4 Tbs. of butter and let it out turn golden brown.

Next comes the seasoning. Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning (ingredients are under the Salmon recipe below) goes into the pan, then the crab.

After the crab comes more seasonings like ground ginger powder, ground garlic powder, dried and minced onions, and pepper.

Flip everybody around, making sure to coat everything and turn up the hit a little and add a few Tbs. of water to steam; cover with foil, reduce heat and let steam/simmer for about 10 minutes.

Serve and add the butter/juice/water from the pan to the plates..dip bread in that and be happy.

Is that friend of your dad's made of magic?!?!?????!!!!!!

That looks so good! I want seafood now!!! A big ol' boilin' pot o' seafood!

Haha! Ok Ice Cube! lol

Well we got home last night and had Boston pizza and chocolate bars for dinner.   Mmmmmmmmm.   

Drooling...

We like to order pizza first thing when we get home from overseas.  It's comfort 'home' food.   The chocolate bars are residuals from Halloween.  

Totally not all I had to eat for dinner...

Yummmmm.  Are you sure this wasn't your whole dinner? Smiley Wink Not that I could blame you...

These things are too good! 

This afternoon, I have a beef bone broth simmering on my stove. It has grass-fed beef marrow bones in it and various veggies like onion, carrot, celery, and veggie scraps. Technically, since I want the broth to be gelatinous or jiggly, I should also have some bones that have joints like knuckle bones or oxtail. But today I only have marrow bones. I'm not sure how gelatinous the end result will be, so this is just experimentation at this point. Marrow bones are more readily accessible locally than knuckle bones or oxtail, so I want to see if they would be enough (although I doubt they will be).

I made this after reading the book called "Nourishing Broths: An Old-Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World," by Sally Fallon Morell. The book is sort of an offshoot of the Weston Price organization (the author is the founder).

OMG, beef bone broth!!!!!!

Make a bowl of pho! 

Definitely!

Dinner tonight was homemade vegetable soup. It contained roasted celery root, onion, carrot, garlic and beef soup bones, combined into a broth containing black beans, slivered savoy cabbage, sliced celery and some quinoa-rice pasta.

Guess who's coming to dinner!

This looks so good..

I don't need a spoon, I'll just take that bowl as is!

Tonight's dinner was mac n' chili. It is a casserole like dish that combines mac n' cheese and chili. Plus, chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

I'm glad that your photo of the cookies is more of a close-up, although I think I gained a couple pounds just looking at it.

That dinner looks delicious!! Do you have a recipe that you follow for the Mac 'n chili?  

<3, Randee

And btw, yay to me, because that was the first time I've used a spoiler and I got it right the first shot!

I'm proud of you.

Spoiler
It took me a few tries to figure it out!

I was pretty excited as I am not always the most tech-savvy person going. Smiley Wink

For Lyra:

Tricky Avocado

From the Pretty Bee (Vegan Blog)

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 medium avocado, ripe
  • 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 Tablespoons honey for Paleo diet OR 2 Tablespoons agave nectar for vegans
  • 6 Tablespoons almond milk
  • optional: pistachios or other nut for topping

METHOD
  1. Cut open the avocado and scoop out the pit. Cut it into large chunks and put in the blender.
  2. Add the cocoa, honey or agave, and almond milk. Blend, starting on low and then moving to high speed until it is smooth.
  3. If the avocado is larger, you will need a bit more of each ingredient. If it is too thick, drizzle in a bit more almond milk. Add more cocoa or honey or agave to taste.
  4. Refrigerate the pudding and serve cold. Top with pistachios or other nuts. Enjoy!

I bet this is good.

Awww, thank you for thinking of me ( and my health Smiley Wink ), ED! That's too sweet... Heart

You know, this could be good. I made something similar before. I'm gonna have to try it...

3,026 Replies