cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

That looks fantastic @Ispend2much6 Just like something you might get at a bistro 🇨🇵🙂

@CynthieLu  That’s high praise coming from a chef!

@Ispend2much6 Mmm great meal idea! It looks bright, fresh and tasty.

@Mellmars1185  It was all of those things!

@Ispend2much6 that looks yummy

Thank you @CorgiMommy ! Even my husband and son loved it!

That is a delicious looking combo @Ispend2much6! Sounds fresh and delicious! 

@JoSometimes  Thanks! It’s one of those “ the sum is greater than the parts “ situations!

A nice Mediterranean bowl for a quick lunch… 

🍲 - chickpeas 

- quinoa 

- feta 

- vegetables

- avocado

- pistachios

- some other little things that I use sometimes…!

@gremsnpusheen Sounds like a healthy and delicious meal 😋

Yes !! It’s a great meal that is switchable up so you can make many combinations! It’s good if you’re on a sort of vegetarian diet ( & Mediterranean obv) 🥗

Oooh your meal sounds delicious @gremsnpusheen 🙂

It is !! You should try making it!!!

It is very yummy 🤤 

Sounds like a delicious lunch @gremsnpusheen 

@JoSometimes  Hey sorry forgot to tag you before !! 
“ Yes it is !! You should try making it … maybe add a few spices ?? With a side of cardamom tea ? 😀

@gremsnpusheen No worries! In the future, you can press the ellipsis/triple dots in the bottom right corner of your reply and edit your message.

Mediterranean isn’t in my wheelhouse when it comes to cooking but I’m up for a challenge!

Yes it is !! You should try making it … maybe add a few spices ?? With a side of cardamom tea ? 😀

Spoiler
IMG_3842.jpeg

I was scrolling through social media and came across both of these recently and combined them together into one meal. Creamy garlic mayo instant ramen hack and butter gochujang eggs.

For the ramen, cook the noodles according to the package but set aside the flavour pack. In a separate bowl, combine one egg, a few cloves of minced garlic, a spoonful of mayo, the flavour packet, and chilli oil if you’re feeling spicy. Whisk together well. Temper the egg mixture by adding some hot noodle water slowly, whisking as you add the water. Add noodles and remaining water until the desired salt level is reached.

For the eggs, soft-boil them first. Everyone has their own method. I find bringing the water to a boil, then slowly adding the eggs using a spoon to avoid breaking them accidentally. Boil for eight minutes, then drop eggs into an ice bath to stop cooking. Seven minutes if you like then really runny or ten if prefer hard-boiled. While that’s cooking, melt down a couple teaspoons of butter and add equal parts gochujang paste. Season with a teaspoon of soy sauce, rice vinegar or mirin, honey, and a few drops of sesame oil. The amount just depends on your taste buds. Gochujang can be pretty spicy, so ease up on the soy and go extra with the honey if you want less of a kick. Mix well, then drop in your eggs and garnish with diced green onion or scallions. I served mine I top of the ramen but they’re also good on a bed of rice. 

This sounds awesome! @JoSometimes I want to try this! Thank you for posting all the details 🙏 

10,864 Replies
testing