cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@itsfi That is a smart idea 💡. I just need his card and I can do the shopping 🛍😉

Well if you are also doing the shopping, you should also receive a fee for that as well @Mellmars1185. That’s just my opinion though … 😉 

@Mellmars1185 The extra two days were not enough!  We both want to go back again, but at the same time I'm hoping that Sephoria moves every year.  Would be amazing to discover new cities that I haven't had a pull to before!  

@missjeanie That would be amazing. I would love to travel to more places aswell ✈️🪲

There were pros and cons to having so many yummy food options near us @missjeanie😀

So many things I love about this @missjeanie ❣️ I have to say that I think I would be slightly disappointed if you didn't just go there for the unicorn ice cream in a fish cone. I mean, great if there was another reason to go to that ice cream shoppe but I am over the moon that you went simply for this super fun and unicorn ice cream - it's awesome! Almost too cute to eat. Almost! 😉 The Mister's chocolate number looks tasty too; I mean, it's no unicorn ice cream in a fish cone but all that chocolate-y goodness looks delicious!

They were on my list of "must eat in NYC" @itsfi !  I really did not need desert this day, but I knew I had to get it!  I might need to do an entire NYC food post... still dreaming of pizza as I eat salad at work lol

Do it!! I would love to see your NYC food explorations missjeanie! I haven't gotten to posting all my food adventures from the trip. I went into real time and just posted ⬆️ about a couple of salads I've made this week. 

"as I eat salad at work lol"  This @missjeanie ❣️ Describes my week perfectly! I've had salad every day this week for lunch and a few times at dinner too. The heat wave helps with choosing for salad. I probably would go for ice cream if I did not have my fill of it during the trip (and on the plane!) 😁

I feel like at this point my body is craving the salads to detox from all the carbs I so lovingly ate all last weekend @itsfi No heat wave here, but at least no snow!  I do love my salads... but... pizzaaaaaaa

@itsfi Yummy. The presentation is beautiful. What a wonderful fall comfort food on a plane. 

@Mellmars1185, this was apparently a brand new menu for them. They also had two new reds and they let me try both. 🍷🍷

Whoa @itsfi that looks incredible!! Def all the food groups!! Did they have any hazelnut gelato by any chance?! I would have never gotten off that plane! 

lol, I should be grateful that they didn't have a choice for dessert @Sunnysmom; it was this or no dessert at all. Which was odd given for the main, you could choose up to 3 of 5 between 2 salads and 3 entrees.

My kind of meal @itsfi !

@Ispend2much6, it was delicious.

@itsfi ,

Ahh!  A luxurious plane ride. That sounds like a wonderful meal!  Really good ice cream, served well, is my very favorite food!

@tsavorite, you’re speaking my language. What’s your favorite ice cream? Or your favorite ice cream dish you had to date? 

@itsfi ,

Walking down Memory Lane, favorite nostalgic ice cream flavors for me are:

Baskin Robbins: Mint Chocolate Chip, Pralines and Cream

HagenDaz: dulce de leche, Strawberry, Coffee, Caramel Cone, Peaches and Cream 

Ben and Jerrys: Cherry Garcia, Chunky Monkey

My favorite ice cream brand right now: Costco: Kirkland Vanilla Ice Cream,

perhaps topped with either toasted shredded coconut or toasted splintered almonds.

Other assorted favorite flavors in premium ice creams: Cherry Vanilla, Peppermint (Seasonal)

HagenDaz Ice Cream Bars are a favorite right now.

@tsavorite, how did I forget Kirkland makes ice cream?! It sounds fantastic with shredded coconut or splintered almonds. Putting that on the list. We're in for our annual October heat wave this week, and it's Fleet Week. This tsavorite ice cream pairing sounds like it will be great for watching the planes fly by. 

@itsfi ,

Kirkland Vanilla Ice Cream is made by Humboldt, and I am a big fan.  😊  It replaced Hagen Daz Vanilla for me.  I hope that you like it!

We toast shredded coconut in the oven, and chopped or splintered almonds can be toasted in the oven, too.  So many toppings go well with premium vanilla ice cream.  It's like the Multiverse!

Whoa, it replaced Haagen-Dazs for you @tsavorite? That’s saying a lot. I’ll have to clear room in the freezer; nothing at Costco comes in small form. 😂 I do love a good vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream. 🍨 😋 

10,864 Replies
testing