Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Oh I LOVE those salmon burgers!  I have some in my freezer right now Heart

I LOVE everything on this plate. 

*Stop smiling at me salmon!  I could eat you right now!*

Salmon enabler!

I went to Costco just for these and had one for lunch today, so delicious, Diva.

Thank you for the head's up, and the smile..

Did a simple ground beef version of shepherd's pie a few nights ago and extra is packed in the freezer. 

Did a ground turkey casserole two nights ago and guess where the extra is. Smiley Tongue

Last night my bf and I ordered take out, I got an unagidon which also came with miso soup and a side of seaweed salad:

That's not a pic of the one I had but that's what it pretty much looks like if anyone is curious on what an unagidon is. I loooooooove unagi (BBQ eeq) so having pieces upon pieces of that over rice is heavenly!

P.S. I know I was missing from BT for a bit, catching up and seeing all the photos here makes me drool nonstop. 

I have never had unagidon. But I think I like eel, although it's been a long time since I've eaten it.

Unagi is my favorite! It has a smokey, sweet flavor ^_^

I love eel. I normally ordered both salt and fresh water eel when we go for sushi. My mouth is watering now just to think of it. Do you like sashimi? If you do and if you ever go to Hawaii, make sure to try poke. Oh gosh, I have to stop talking about food, make me hungry Smiley Happy

I do love me some sashimi!

I remember some of the Mods mentioning poke and sadly when I was in Hawaii I never tried it!

10991040_449538581862683_3608709627480887488_n.jpg

Another pizza, made the crust a bit different aka no gluten flour and i like this better, lol. i also bought actual pizza sauce and not just marinara sauce, thicker cheese since the other one was like little tiny thin worms. nice image huh. anyway. I think you guys know why there's a slice missing. my mom is .. yeah. 

This looks yummy. Did you save a slice for me! Smiley Wink

Four big ones left Smiley Wink

That looks seriously delicious, blackwhiskey! 

<3, Randee

This is gorgeous! I love your pizza pics!

IMG_5098.JPG

Made turkey meatballs the other day, which turned into turkey meatball paninis!

The paninis included meatballs, tomato basil sauce, arugula, grilled red onion, provolone and prosciutto on ciabatta bread!

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good god. *destroys all vegetarian food* seriously. That. Looks. so good. Maybe I can do this with mushrooms and spinach for that consistency 

Maybe you can find a recipe for meatless meatballs and then try it!

I paNEEDni this in my life.

I need some good gf paninis in my life right now!

Chicken and veggies "Lo Mein" tonight. This was ultra mega giga delish! Definitely a keeper. We both loved it. I even didn't mind broccoli ( say waaah?! ), and my hubbz had fun taking photos of me eating that darn thing. Hilarious...

Chicken Lo Mein.jpg

Recipe in spoiler tag!

Spoiler

Chicken and Vegetable ‘Lo Mein’

Ingredients:

•8 ( or so ) skinless and boneless chicken thighs
•lard/coconut oil/butter/whatever cooking fat you use
•1/4 cup almonds, chopped
•1/2 cup water chestnuts
•1/4 cup green onion, chopped
•1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half ( I used wild mushroom mix because that's what I had on hand. And, I used much more than just 1/2 cup. We LOVE mushrooms! Smiley Tongue )
•1/4 cup celery, chopped
•1 tablespoon minced ginger
•1 tablespoon minced garlic
•2 cups broccoli
•1/2 head of medium-large cabbage, shredded
•Toasted sesame oil
•Coconut aminos ( or tamari soy sauce )
•Sesame seeds to garnish

Process:

1.Clean all vegetables and trim fat from meat (if applicable).
2.Cut broccoli, chicken and mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
3.Shred/thinly slice cabbage.
4.Chop almonds, green onion, celery; mince garlic and ginger.
5.Heat wok over high heat.
6.Add lard/coconut oil/butter/whatever you use ( just NOT the sesame oil! ), swirl to coat bottom of wok, then add meat.
7.Cook meat until mostly cooked.
8.Add in broccoli, water chestnuts, celery and shiitake mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes
9.Add in almonds, cabbage, ginger, green onion and garlic. Add a splash of coconut aminos (2-4 tbsp). Cook 2-3 minutes, until cabbage softens a little.

10.Add a (generous)splash of toasted sesame oil, mix well and remove from heat.
11.Garnish with sesame seeds, and enjoy!

That looks super deeeeelicious!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe! I think it's fun that you subbed the noodles for the cabbage!

It was so good with the cabbage, I don't think I'm gonna need noodles ever again. Smiley Tongue

3,026 Replies