cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185 @JoSometimes, and the best part, besides the company, of course, we can learn and discover from one another (among other things) all the different hot sauces we love! 🌶🔥 

@Mellmars1185 looks yummy 

@CorgiMommy Thank you! It was my first time trying this recipe.

@Mellmars1185  Where do you get your salad recipes?  I rarely follow recipes for salads but then I end up in food ruts.  

I found this one on google @heartsmyface. I searched kale salad and was one of the first salads to pop up. I also have some cook books. I will come back and name a few that have some good salad recipes. Sometimes when I make a salad I wing and pull inspiration from my past salads and hse what is in my fridge.

The rain started coming down late this afternoon. Decided it would be a good idea to make some soup. Creamy Roasted Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Soup, to be exact. 

Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup.jpeg

Followed the recipe for "Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup" from cookieandkate (dot) com, but added some butternut squash and used tapioca flour to thicken it a little bit. 

@itsfi ,

That soup looks so perfect for a cool and rainy afternoon!  Soup is one of the best things about Autumn and Winter!

@itsfi Mmmmm this looks so warm and comforting!  

@itsfi nothing like soup for dinner on a cold night

@CorgiMommy, it definitely hit the spot! May have a bowl later in the day.

There's nothing like a hot homemade soup on a cold day @itsfi. This looks so hearty and delicious. 💛🧡

Yes indeed @CynthieLu, and it makes the kitchen smell warm and cozy.

@itsfi Soup on a rainy day is so comforting. Your soup looks bright and delicious. A great contrast to the weather!

I love soup @Mellmars1185. Warms the body and soul 💗

@itsfi Yum!  I love squash.

@CookieGirl1, so many great things to love about squash.

IMG_20231111_162439210.jpg

Homemade Pineapple Buns,  easy to make and very delicious.   Recipe from the Woks of Life.

@CorgiMommy ,

I have never had a Pineapple Bun, but your photo convinces me that something important has been missing from my life!

Ooh this looks fantastic 😍 @CorgiMommy I bet this was tasty! 

@CynthieLu I never had one before and it was worth the work to make them

This looks so tasty @CorgiMommy, and is making me hungry. Depending on how hard it rains, I may go out to pick up a pineapple bun (or two or ten, lol) this weekend! 😋

10,829 Replies
testing