cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Ohhhh, this was so tasty @caitbird! Love the two types of dessert! 😍 

Your roasted carrots have a beautiful glaze to them and look like they have the perfect texture - my carrots never quite get there - they're either more crunchy than I hoped or more soft. Yours look delicious! As do those scalloped potatoes - yum!!

@itsfi  I admit I can't take credit for the carrots (which were indeed excellent), and only partial credit for some of the rest of it - my mom did all of the cooking (though the rest of us helped). She is a wonderful cook! She said next year, my brother and I will each be responsible for one dish each, bc she wants a bit of a break. Which I think is more than fair!

Smash burger and fries

20231118_130324.jpg

@Mellmars1185 ,

Your fast food looks so good!  Smash burger even sounds great to me.  I'm fast food deprived!

@tsavorite Thank you. I probably have been eating a little too much fast food lately. The holidays are coming too. Next month I will start eating healthy again ☺️🥗

Oooh that's some good looking food truck food @Mellmars1185 🍽🍺🍔 

@CynthieLu Thank you! The hamburger was my favourite 🍔

@Mellmars1185 Everything looks so yummy, including the drink! ❤️

@QueenMarceline Thank you! The drink is actually a beer 🍺! It had citrus notes 🍊

@Mellmars1185 Looks like a delicious beer! Cheers! 🍻

@Mellmars1185 Ohhh yum! I love a good burger!

@JoSometimes I wish I took a picture of what it looked like. The bun was fresh and they put fresh chopped pickles and onions and a house made sauce. It was simply delicious.

I made a kale salad with a tahini dressing and roasted chick peas. I tasted pretty good but I feel like it was missing something.

20231117_110605.jpg

@Mellmars1185 ,

That's such an attractive salad!  I hope that you figured out what it still needed.

@tsavorite Thank you! Yes some cucumber and carrot ribbons will do the trick next time 😊

@Mellmars1185 It LOOKS pretty!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you! I found that the kale lasts a long time in the fridge too, compared to a spinach salad.

@Mellmars1185 I used to have more trouble with salad greens going bad before I could finish them but then I bought those funky plastic produce-saver containers.  GAME CHANGERS.  TBH, I always thought that they were a little gimmicky until I got them and now I have a lot of my family members hooked on them because they really help extend the life of my fruits and veggies.

@CookieGirl1 Really? I have not heard of these. I will google search them. Do you remember the brand name?

@Mellmars1185 I know that there are a lot of similar types of containers from other brands but the ones that I got are from Rubbermaid.  I've purchased them on Amazon and also at Target; they're more expensive than just a basic plastic food storage container but I swear, they work.  

Screenshot 2023-11-28 225512.jpg

@CookieGirl1 , Thank you for posting this!

10,864 Replies
testing